Promise - Chapter 10

OKAY SO IT'S CHRISTMAS YAY! AND IM DYING FROM THE MOCKUMENTRY OMFG. ANYWAY. THIS KS A CUTE CHAPTER.

~ Luke's POV ~

I saw the jealousy in Zyah's eyes. Wow, she was jealous of that girl? We walked along an open paddock on our way back home.

"How did you know I liked vanilla sprinkles?" Zyah asked.

I didn't respond, I took her up to the rocks and sat down, our hands still together.

"I remember, it was our 'best friend tradition'" I chuckled.

She laughed and looked down.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Well, we've got school mr brooks, remember?" She said.

"Oh, yeah" I sighed.

We sat there staring at the sun that was making its way behind the trees that overlooked Glenroy. We had now finished out ice creams and just sat in silence, a nice silence.

"It's so beautiful" she gasped.

"Yeah, you are" I said, I turned my head so that I was facing her, her eyes were looking at the sun but her brain wasn't there.

"Zyah," I said.

She turned to face me and only then did I realise how close our faces were.

"You're beautiful" I said. Her blue eyes were staring into mine and I tried to make out what to do next.

~ Zyah's POV ~

"You're beautiful" he said.

Oh my god. He's right there, his face is inches from mine. His curly hair was perfectly in place and I looked into his eyes. They were do mesmerizing, the way the dark brown liquids blended with the lighter brown.

I felt his grip around my hand loosen and he was now caressing my cheek. His other hand made it's way to my waist. I felt his breathe on my face, indicating that he was now closer and before anything else, his lipring was on my lips. Our lips went well together and my hands were now around his neck, Luke deepened the kiss and he traced my bottom lip. I opened my mouth and spark literally flew in the air. I felt something that I've never felt before, the feeling of being wanted, the feeling of being cared for. I was happy, Luke made me happy.

~ Luke's POV ~

She pulled away and we just sat there with out foreheads touching, neither of us said anything, she blushed whenever I would move my thumb around her cheek.

"Should we go?" I asked.

Zyah nodded and we stood up. She started walking off the rocks before I stopped her and spun her around. Oh my what am I doing?

I hugged her and pulled away, kissing her cheek lightly. We were now standing, on top of a rock, in front of the sunset. There is no better time to do this. No better time. I placed my hand in my pocket and pulled out the red velvet box that stood on my dresser for far too long.

Tears threatened to fall from my cheeks as I remembered how I came in possession of this. I opened the box and Zyah gasped. I saw her eyes water and she put her hands over her mouth.

"This, um, you know what this is" I help the necklace in my hand.

She didn't say anything and I took that as my key to keep talking.

"Before Ellie, um, you know. She gave me this. She told me that this is the thing that meant the most to her. She said that I needed to keep it and give it to you when you were ready for it, when you needed her most. I was so young at the time, I had no idea what she meant. Every day, I would look at it on my dresser, I would see it and all of these memories would come flooding through my head. You, Zyah, would always be who I thought of. It makes sense to me now. Ellie told me that when it felt right, I'd know who to give it to. She knew all along who I was going to give it to. Zyah, I want to ask you something. Before I do so, I want to give you this. I want to give you this as a promise that I'll protect you, a promise that I'll always be here for you, a promise that I'll never let anything bad happen to you." Zyah was now crying.

"Do you accept my promise?" I asked her. She nodded and I put the necklace on her. Ellie wore those necklace every day before she passed.

"Now, to make is promises easier for me, I need to ask you something, Zyah . . ."

~ Zyah's POV ~

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me. I couldn't get words out, Luke looked disappointed, he looked almost, hurt. I didn't say anything for a while. Luke was about to speak when I placed my arms around his neck. I kissed him and I could feel his sad expressions change. I pulled away and held his face in my hands.

"There is nothing in this world that I want more, than to be your girlfriend" I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END. no I'm kidding HAHAHAHAHAHHAA. Omg Zuke is official. Eeeeeppppppppp. Yayayyaya! I almost cried writing this, I don't even know why. Anyway, bye, LEAVE COMMENTS, I LOVE HEARING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. OR TWEET ME ON @YoureADirtyPig :)))))