Chapter 5

"MARRIED!!". "SHE'S GOD DAMNED MARRIED, BRODY".

"Mike!". "Calm down, man". "The fucking guard's will hear you". "Who are you even talking about?".

"Ember!!". "How could she do this to me, Brody". "It's just like, Tiffany all over again". "I can't lose another one, man".

"Shit!". "I know, man". "But you still have, Hannah". "Right!?". "And aren't you supposed to be meeting with her today?".

"I DON'T give a shit about that". "I want, Ember". "He". "Can't". "Have". "Her, dammit!".

"Fuck, Mike!". "Calm down, man". "What did you tell me last week about, Hannah?". "Do you remember what you said?".

I sit on the floor, trying to think back to my conversation with, Brody.

"We were talking about, Hannah".

"Right!". "And what did you tell me, man?".

I look away from, Brody not wanting to admit that I remember exactly what I said to him that day.

"C'mon, Mike". "What did you tell me, man?".

Finally I look back to, Brody sighing.

"I said I thought she could be the one, but that was befo...".

"No, Mike!". "Stop that shit right now". "Ember, is your past". "You care about, Hannah now"." Focus on that, man and forget about the rest". "From what you have told me, it sounds like, Hanna really likes you as much as you like her". "Don't screw up a great thing for some side piece". "Do you really want to backslide and end up right back here in six month's, all because you couldn't let go of the past?". "Especially when you could have something amazing like, Hannah".

"You still can't live without your Trigger's, Brody!".

"That's different!".

"And what makes your situation so different?". "You have, Savannah don't you?".

"Had!". "She called it off last week". "She said she wasn't willing to wait for me that long". "She said she wanted something more".

"Damn, Brody". "Sorry about that, man". "She's an idiot for abandoning you like that". "You deserve better!".

"Meh!". "It is what it is, man". "But you have someone special waiting for you, don't screw that up because you can't leave the past in the past, Mike".

It's been a few day's since the hearing and I can't get Matt's voice out of my head. 'You can't do this to my wife!'.

'How could she let this happen?'. 'Especially when I never gave her permission to fucking leave me in the first place'.

I shake my head free from my tortured thought's.

"You're right!". "I need to focus on, Hannah now".

"Exactly!". "And you need to figure out where your going to live, man". "You're getting out soon".

"Yeah warden should be here soon to take me to, Hannah".

"MITCHELL!!".

'Speak of the devil and he shall appear!'.

"I know the drill warden, sir".

I stand against the wall, hand's above my head. The warden opens the cell and cuff's my hands. We walk down the hall to that same familiar red door and there she is waiting patiently for me to arrive.

"Hey, beautiful!".

"Hey yourself, handsome".

'What is this new feeling that I have in my stomach?'. 'Butterflies!'.