Chapter Three: You're One to Talk

Chapter Three: You’re One to Talk

                “I really cannot believe that you went out with him.” Ivey said again as we made our way down the hallway heading toward her locker so we could meet up with Andy. I rolled my eyes as we turned onto a different hallway.

                “You and Andy sat me up with him.” I told her as I made my way through the hallway.

                “He’s bad news, Bran!”

                “Ivey, Nick and Andy have been best friends since they were kids and they’re apart of the same gang. So I don’t see a problem.” I told her as we approached Andy’s locker and saw him standing there talking to Michael White, one of the other main boys in the wolf gang.

                “Yeah, but Andy’s a good boy, he hasn’t done some of the stuff Nick has done.”

                “You really think that Ivey?”

                “Yes, he might be a part of the gang, but he doesn’t do have the things he’s told to do, and he doesn’t get with all the girls, just because they’re easy.” Ivey told me, I could hear her anger rising.

                “Keep on thinking that Ives.” I said with a cocky laugh as I turned and made way back down the hallway heading toward my locker to get my things.

                “WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?” Ivey called after me, I turned and smiled at her.

                “THINK ABOUT IT, BABE!” I yelled back as I turned back onto the main hallway and smiled as Tayler and Peter Parker made their way down the hallway hand and hand. I waved at Tayler as she came to a stop in front of me. She gave Peter a quick kiss to the cheek.

                “I’ll see you later.” She told him with a smile. He winked and kissed her lips once and headed down the hallway.

                “Morning, Butt face.” Peter called with a soft laugh.

                “Morning, asshole.” I called back with a laugh as watched as he turned around and gave me the finger. Yup, just another normal day at Jackson High.

                “I never understood you and Peter’s relationship,” Tayler started with a roll of her eyes. I smiled and rolled mine with her. “Anyway, I heard that you and Nick went out after that party the other night.” Tayler told me as we made our way up the stairs to our lockers. I smiled just thinking about it.

                “Yeah, we did. That party was lame, so we decided to go to the diner.” I told her as we approached our lockers. I put in my combo and opened it grabbing the books and binders I needed for my classes. I watched as she nodded her head. “You don’t believe me?” I asked her as I shut my locker and turned to her and put my hand on my hip.

                “It’s not that I don’t believe you it’s just that you don’t just go to a diner with Nicholas Brent.” She told me as we started walking down the hallway again. We had ten minutes before classes started and two minutes to make it to our hang out in the lunch room before we got caught up in all the students who were coming off the buses.

                “BRANDY!” I heard a girly voice call as Tayler and I made our way into the lunch room. I turned my head toward the voice and saw Marie Grant smiling and waving back at me. I waved at her and made my way toward her where everyone else was hanging out in our little corner of the lunch room. I smiled over to Nick as I sat down in front of Marie; he smiled and winked at me. He was standing toward the back our corner and Michael, Andy, Peter, and Grady Harrison where standing around talking in low murmurs. I never noticed how many guys were actually apart of Moon, that actually talk to on a day to day bases.

                “So, I saw you at the party, but before I could come and say hey you were leaving with Nick.” Marie told me with a bright smile. I smiled back and nodded, I’ve known Marie all my life her and her family has lived next door to me forever. Mrs. Grant and my mother where best friends and they did everything together, Mrs. Grant was at my mother’s bedside with me when she passed away.

                “Oh yeah, we were inside the house the whole time before we left.” I told her sneaking a glance at Nick, and caught him staring right back at me. He bit his lip and never broke the gaze, until Ivey came up and sat down next to me yelling something at me, but everything was muffled in my head, my sense were on over load and I wasn’t pay attention to anything around me, but Nicholas Brent.

                “Did you even hear a word I said?” Ivey snapped at me, finally bringing me back to reality. I smiled over at her and laughed a little at her face, it was contorted into scowl. It was just so funny on her. I shook my head as I laughed on as the bell rang, telling me that it was time to head to first period. I stood from the table and walked along with Ivey toward the choir room.

                “I said, I figured out what you meant, and that wasn’t very nice!” Ivey told me. I nodded, which was followed by a squeal as two arms wrapped around my waist and stopped me from walking.

                “I wanted to say good morning, little one.” Nick whispered in my ear placing a soft kiss right under it. I smiled and closed my eyes taking in his cologne.

                “Good morning, Nicholas Brent.” I smiled as his arms loosen around me and I turned around to face me. He truly was beautiful; I could just stare at him forever. The way his eyes changed the shade from dark chocolate to milk chocolate, and the way his skin was so tan and flawless, and how you could see where his five o’clock shadow started and end, and when he smiled his bright white teeth brighten the whole room.

                “Good Morning, beautiful.” He smiled back at me, I copied his smile and noticed the scar on his forehead, made a mental note to ask him about it where ever we alone again. “You’re beautiful, you know that right?” He whispered. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

                “Bran!” I heard Ivey call.

                “I’ve got to go.” I told him as I turned and started to make my way back to Ivey, but Nick caught my wrist and pulled me to him again and kissed my lips. I was gasping for breath when he finally pulled away from me. “I’ll see you later.” I told him softly as looked up at him and then turned around and finally made my way toward Ivey.

                “You’re beautiful Brandy!” Nick yelled after me as Ivey and walked down the Fine Arts hallway. I turned around and smiled at Nick’s bright smile and watched him wink at me. Yup, just another normal day in Jackson High… Not.