MUHARRAM(1st month of the Islamic calendar) & Day of ASHURA.

(niqabi; this exact chapter is posted in book OBLIVIOUS which was posted last year. in its comment section, you shall find little debates(Q&A between Sunni and Shi'a students, i suggest to read because it helps clear doubts. jazak Allahu khair.

btw i know im late,
better late than never.)

1 MUHARRAM 1442 (AH), the blessed month. One of the very historically famous months.

(A.N; please, please read till the end!)

REMINDER; Islam is a religion of peace! Promotes peace. There is no way for people who care for these practices (tatbir & zanjeer) to use this as a way to justify their actions by pointing out the story of Uwais al - Qarni (may Allah be pleased with him).

'Harming oneself is sinful' it's not my point of view but Islamic sharia'a's. And Islam is Allah's command.

.
.
.

Mulla 'Ali al-Qari settled the question in his short treatise on the virtues of Uwais al-Qarni. He says about this story:

"And know well that that which has become widespread on the tongues of the laity that Uwais [al-Qarni] extracted all his teeth out of extreme grief when he heard that the tooth of the Prophet [Allah's peace and blessings be upon him] had been struck, [because] he didn't reliably know which tooth it was exactly - then there is no basis for this [story] according to the scholars...

... along with the fact that it violates the noble Sacred Law, and because of this reason, not one of the Senior Companions did that [act of self-inflicted harm], because this type of activity is vain and futile, and not proceeding from anyone except fools." ['Ali al-Qari, al-Ma'din al-Adni fi Fadl Uwais al-Qarni]

Read more of the story of Uwais al-Qarni in the upcoming chapters.

And Allah Most High knows best

.
.
.

HADEETH.

Just citing one hadeeth here. Read many more hadeeths regarding mourn and self-inflicting harm in the upcoming chapters.

Abdullah ibn Masoud narrated that Prophet Muhammad pbuh said; "he is not one of us who strikes his cheeks, tears his garment, or cries with the cry of jahilliya. (Al Bukhari and Muslim)

.
.
.

STORY OF PROPHET YA'QUB A.S.

Read the story of Prophet Ya'qub a.s in the upcoming chapters, which people use as an excuse to beat themselves and mourn, without understanding the lesson of the story.

.
.
.

AN EXCUSE.

It is an excuse; mourning and harming oneself because you feel sorrowful. If we are sorrowful for anything that saddens us or hurts us to the core we don't beat ourselves. Because it goes against the Islamic Shari'a. In this, I shouldn't say or put myself in a sect of Sunni or Shi'a. I am solely a MUSLIM who believes in Qur'an. And Hadeeth and pious people who follow the command of Allah. And so Qur'an does not allow self-inflicting harm! The same Qur'an and its knowledge that Imam Husain (r.a) followed. The same Qur'an and its knowledge that Imam Hasan (r.a) followed. The same Qur'an and its knowledge that Prophet Muhammad pbuh followed. The same Qur'an and its knowledge that all their children followed. How can you change the rulings just because you are sorrowful?! We can not dare to compromise the words of Allah! Nothing can change it. Not then! Not now!

Do not put any reference before anyone of Shi'a books. Books that promote acts that oppose the verse of the Qur'an. Understand Qur'an, the words of Allah. Qur'an does not allow self-inflicting harm!

.
.
.

The reason I greet the Islamic new year; to remind my followers and readers of the events of the battle of Karbala. And the others events that happened on the day of Ashura. Do not belittle it.

ON THE DAY OF ASHURA.

Imam Husain (r.a), the blessed grandson of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w and the master of the youth of heaven, was martyrized. On the 10th of Muharram in Hijri 61 (10 October 680)

Allah (swt) bestowed high ranks to these blessed martyrs who sacrificed themselves for the sake of the Islamic truths they lived and defended.

THE DAY OF ASHURA, ALLAH (swt) BESTOWED SALVATION TO HIS PROPHETS ON THE DAY OF ASHURA.

1. Allah bestowed Prophet Musa a.s the miracle of splitting the Red Sea, saved him with his people, and flooded the Pharaoh and his soldiers.

2. Prophet Nuh's a.s arc landed on Mount Judi.

3. Prophet Yunus a.s got out of the belly of the fish.

4. Allah (swt) accepted Prophet Adam's a.s repentance on Ashura.

5. Prophet Yusuf a.s came out of the well that he was thrown.

6. Prophet Isa a.s was born on Ashura and ascended to heaven on Ashura, as well.

7. Prophet Dawud's a.s repentance was accepted.

8. Prophet Ibrahim a.s. was born.

9. Prophet Yaqub a.s eyesight, which he had lost years ago was restored.

10. Ayni (r.a) states that:" Some people mention Idris a.s, Ayyub a.s and Sulayman a.s amongst the ten prophets ascended to the heaven on that day. Ayyub a.s recovered from his illness and Sulayman a.s was bestowed wealth. (Sahih Muslim)

OTHER SIGNIFICANT EVENTS TOOK PLACE ON THE DAY OF ASHURA.

Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w stated the following regarding Ashura:

On the Day of Ashura Allah (swt) created the seven heavens, seas, mountains, the pen, Lawh Mahfuz (the preserved tablet), the stars, the Kursi, Angel Jibreel, and the other angels.

The first rain fell from the sky on the Day of Ashura.

The end of the world will come on Ashura.

IN THE ERA OF BLISS (time of the Prophet s.a.w) THE COVERING OF KAABA USED TO BE RENEWED ON ASHURA DAYS.

In the time of our Beloved Prophet s.a.w, Kaaba's covering used to be renewed on the Ashura day of every year.

It was narrated from Aisha r.a : "Ashura is the day which Kaaba is covered." (Muslim, Abu Dawud)

" (Muslim, Abu Dawud)

السلام عليكم

Add it to your library, so you'll be notified of what could help you to become a better Muslim. Share or tag, so others can be aware too.

.
.
.

P.s. We love the beloved Imam Husain (r.a), Imam Hasan (r.a), their sister Zainab (r.a), their parents, all their families, all their children.

If one would say it were to happen with my beloved ones? And I dare say, "ya Allah make me capable of sacrificing all when it comes to Islam and Allah, we should all be prepared to sacrifice all because all is from Him and returns to Him. Ameen thumma ameen.

So lets us take advantage and pray as much as we can on the day of Ahsura!