Marcus

"Yeah well, it gets worse."

We sat in a small destroyed house in a place Jorge had led us. He told us this was his safe house and we were fine here. All of us questioned why the hell we didn't send someone for Thomas and Brenda.

"I thought she was like your kid or something!" I yelled at him, backed up by Minho. "Why didn't we go back? They're probably dead now." 

"That's why we didn't go back, Hermano. Because if they're good as dead then why risk our lives too."

I scoffed and crossed my arm, leaning back on one of the pillars of the house. It's a miracle this place hadn't come down to ashes by this point. Even bits of the roof was caving in from water damage and other shit. A small breeze blew through the cracks in the house cooling me down to a decent temperature. A nice break from all the blistering heat. 

Frypan groaned. "What are we gonna eat?" I couldn't agree more. I didn't realize it until now but I was downright starving. Who knows how long it's been since I've had a proper meal. Well, since the glade. I missed Frypans cooking, the yells whenever it was time to eat. The smell... how does one miss a smell so much?

"Well, I could cut you up and shove you in a pot if we get desperate." None of us knew if Jorge was kidding or not. At this point, I seriously wouldn't put it past him to be working undercover for wicked. "I'm kidding. I've only eaten other humans when It's gotten completely desperate." I wanted to puke. Or run. "Man meat taste like pig crap." He giggled to himself. Not laughed, giggled. What a child. 

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and my eyes were met with the familiar brown ones. He nudged his head to the side so I stood up and followed him. I gave Minho a look telling him we'd be right back. The three of us had mastered the ability to talk with facial expressions. 

Newt took my hand and walked me down the driveway and into the road before sitting in the middle of it, curling his knees to his chest. I sat next to him. 

I was kind of confused on why he brought me out here. I tilted my head to the side looking at him. He was sad... "Y/N..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell me something?" I nodded my head slowly scared I'd done something wrong even though I knew I hadn't. "What happened to you? At Wicked I mean."

"Oh..." I said carefully to hide my relief because in reality I wasn't relieved. You don't get to be relieved anymore. "Well, I don't remember much, honestly. I woke up only minutes before you guys set off that alarm. I woke up in new clothes but I still had your blue flannel on." That seemed to calm him down a little bit. "Then I banged on the door because it was locked and I didn't know where I was. Forgot who I was for a second. Then, Ava Paige came in. Except it wasn't really her it's a hologram."

"Wait," He said shaking his hand. "She's dead... no? Damn, Tommy said she was alive but I didn't believe him."

"Yeah well, it gets worse." He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows.  "She told me she was my mom." I didn't clarify because I didn't even know. "Can we not tell the others? Please, just between us?"

He smiled softly. Didn't ask questions. Didn't question my loyalty to them. He understood. And that's why he was the glue. 

He lifted my chin up and pressed his lips against mine when a rhythmic clapping pulled us apart. Damn you Minho.

"Come on, lovebirds. Jorge said he knows where Tommy and Brenda might be. I know last you heard they were dead but apparently not. The dude's name is Marcus and he also knows where the Right-arm is so, win-win I guess."