7. A plan

I wake up with the sun shining through a window. I don't want to get up yet, so I just laid there for a while. I wasn't thinking about anything. My mind was blank and I just laid there. I didn't want to come back to reality yet.

After about fifteen minutes, I got hungry and really thirsty. I crawled out of bed carefully so I wouldn't wake Becca. I didn't want her to come back to reality either.

I quietly exited the room and walked to the staircase. It's pretty quiet. But that's good. I didn't want to be bothered by anyone. I walked down the stairs and turned right for the kitchen. And I bet you could guess who was sitting at the table with a newspaper and cup of coffee.

I didn't even bother to say hello. I hate him. He kidnapped Becca. I would make him pay for that.

"You know what you did yesterday was pretty stupid. Standing up to a vampire. Not smart at all. I would watch yourself," he said to me. Like I even cared!

"I don't care if I was putting myself in danger yesterday. I was protecting my best friend. I'll do it a million times over again too. I don't want you to touch her." I wasn't scared of him. I felt powerful saying this.

"You think it matters what you want? It doesn't and it never will. Us vampires get what we want. Even if we have to kill for it. You wouldn't be able to protect your precious Becca if you were dead now would you?" He's threatening me. I wasn't going to back down from this.

"Fine then. You aren't going anywhere near her until I'm dead." I knew I was roaming on dangerous grounds but I couldn't find it in me to care.

He was in front of me in a flash. "Oh yeah? How bout we see about that," he says while setting me on fire with his eyes. Before I knew it, he had me on a wall with his hands around my neck. He lifted me up higher off the ground as I struggled for air. I need to breathe! I'm going to breathe! He isn't going to win.

I kick him hard in his face and he snaps back, dropping me on the ground. I was coughing nonstop and gasping for air. No matter how much I got, it wasn't enough.

I looked up at him with terror. His fangs were extended again. He kicked me hard in the face. I toppled over letting out a cry of pain. I felt the blood drip from my nose. Oh no. This is bad. What a GREAT time to start bleeding.

I covered up my nose so he wouldn't see it. He could sure smell it though. His eyes turned bloodshot and he snatched my hand away from my nose. It was covered in blood.

"David please don't," I pleaded. I didn't want to be bitten again. It hurts.

He ignores me and brings my hand up to his mouth. I try pulling away but I was no match for a vampire. He licked a small amount of blood from my hand.

"David stop don't do this," I begged him. I knew he was going to lose control and suck me dry. Before I knew it, he sunk his fangs into my neck. I cried out in pain.

"Stop! Please just stop!" I cried helplessly. He wouldn't budge. The longer he ate me, the weaker and weaker I got.

I whoosh of air and David was on the floor across the foyer. Luke was standing over him.

"What did I tell you about touching her?!" he yelled angrily. David quickly got to his feet and started coming after me again. But Luke didn't let him get far. He grabbed David and kicked him in his spot. Then Luke snapped his neck.

I gasped as he fell to the ground. Did he really just kill David?

Luke saw my expression after a moment and said, "don't worry he's not dead. He'll wake up in a few hours." Relief and disappointment spread through me. I don't exactly know why.