Chapter 8

The next day in school I was a little tired and had a bit of a headache. I pushed through though because I wanted to go to practice today. When I got into homeroom, Tyler was already there, and so was Alexis and her entourage. I sat down next to Tyler and he leaned over to me.

"You did great yesterday at practice." He whispered. I blushed and sat there for a second, choosing my words wisely so I don't sound mean.

"I didn't know you were there. I mean, I know you said you'd come but I didn't think you'd actually do it." I replied whispering as well.

"Well I went and you did great. I didn't know you pitched. I thought you played first or something."

"I play everything except catcher. But I like pitching the best."

Just then the teacher walked in and she seemed to be having a good day so I decided to add on to that. I do that with teachers sometimes so I get out of homework.

"Good morning Ms. Cawalski. Your hair looks great today." I smiled.

"Thank you Elizabeth."

"How are you today?"

"Great, thank you. How are you?"

"Pretty good thanks."

"Ok. Today is a free day. No homework." She announced.

"Woohoo!" Everyone cheered.

"How'd you do that?" Tyler asked.

"Do what?" I asked and had a smirk on my face.

"Get her to give us a free day and no homework." He said in a duh tone.

"Oh it's easy. I do it with all the teachers. You just compliment them and ask how their day is. But only do it when they're having a good day. Otherwise it'll make them mad."

"Ha! Now I know your secret!" He sounded so excited. He doesn't even know half of my tricks.

"Don't flatter yourself. I have a lot more tricks that you'll never know. I just thought I'd tell you the easy one if we're gonna be friends."

"Ok. Does that mean I need to tell you one of my tricks?"

"Hmm. Yeah. That's normally how these things work."

"Ok.... I don't know. Does it have to be a school truck, a general trick, or something like that?"

"Anything. Like if you can do something not a lot of people can or if you can trick people into doing something."

"Ok. I am pretty good at surfing."

"No way!"

"Yes way. I am great at it actually."

"Ok. I'll have to see it sometime since you watched my softball practice."

"Ok. Deal. But now I want to know something else your good at. Are you artistic or something?"

"Umm, I've never told or showed anyone but I am a gymnast and an ok singer."

"I don't believe you. I need proof."

"Ok. After my practice meet me at the park on Main Street and I'll prove it to you."

"Ok."

It felt like school was over in an instant because I was now at practice. I learned everyone's names today because I forgot to yesterday. We also now have our starting lineup.

Pitcher: me (yay!)
Catcher: Gina
1st base: Lianna
2nd base: Alana
3rd base: Emma
Shortstop: Cassy
Right field: Mary
Center field:Lacy
Left field: Alyssa

After practice I started walking to the park. When I got there Tyler was already there. I groaned as he approached me smiling.

"I am very intrigued in this. Please show me your gymnastics routine."

"Fine."
I turned on my music and started doing my routine.

(Pretend that's Elizabeth doing her routine)

When I finished, I looked over at Tyler and his mouth was wide open.

"Woah." He finally gasped out. I giggled then got my stuff and started to walk backwards because I was a bit embarrassed when I got a little light headed. I almost fainted but Tyler ran up to me and grabbed my arm before I fell and helped support my weight. I sat my stuff back on the ground and layer down on the grass.

"Are you alright?" I didn't answer because my head was busting and I couldn't think. "Elizabeth?!" He sounded really worried so I decided to answer him.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just got this horrible headache all of the sudden. Can you hand me my water please?" He handed me my water and I drank it. I felt a bit better so I sat up slowly and started to stand. I grabbed my stuff and was about to walk away.

"Bye Tyler. See you tomorrow." I said then walked away. I wanted to leave before I got embarrassed because I just did my whole routine in front of him.

"Bye? Wait! Do you want me to walk you home so you don't get hurt?"

"No thanks. I live around the corner. I'll be fine. Bye." I turned and left down the street.

When I got home I told my mom I had a migraine and said I was just gonna go to bed. She said it was fine and gave me medicine. I didn't realize how tired I was until my head hit the pillow and I was fast asleep.