9

It seemed like a dream when they arrived on Earth. They were instantly greeted by S.H.I.E.L.D- more specifically... Nick Fury. They lowered their guns when Tony walked out of the pod, but the guns instantly went back up when Loki followed him. They were holding hands. Both looked rough.

"Well... Mr Stark. I must say that I am happy to see you." Nick said. Tony nodded. The sun was actually very bright right now and he felt the need to just sleep. "Your girl will be happy to know we found you. She never gave up hope." Tony was shocked to hear that. "A right handful. Very determined."

"That sounds like Pepper" Tony mumbled. S.H.I.E.L.D agents were coming up to Loki with cuffs. "Please don't arrest him." Tony said. "He's coming home with me. I gave him a promise."

Fury nodded and they backed off. Tony was tearing up. He didn't know why he felt like crying but he did. Perhaps it was the overwhelming emotion of relief from being on Earth again, or perhaps it was tiredness. 

An agent ran up to them with a phone.

"It's Miss Potts" He said and handed the phone to Fury. Fury then handed it to Tony. 

"H-Hello" He said into it. 

"Wait... You're not Fury... Who is this?"

Tony didn't know how to feel. He looked over at Loki and then rubbed his face.

"It's me Pepper... It's Tony." She started to cry into the phone.

"This is a sick joke whoever you are."

Tony handed the phone back to Fury and started to head back into the pod to cry. Loki looked very confused. Fury was speaking to Pepper over the phone and she had announced that she was coming to collect them.

Loki went back into the Pod to check on him.

"You're not happy to be back?" He asked. Tony wiped his eyes and sniffed up.

"I am. I'm very happy to be home." Loki came and sat next to Tony, pulling him close. 

"Then what is the matter?" Loki was very confused. He placed a kiss gently on his forehead. Tony cuddled into him and closed his eyes, but the moment was interuppted by Pepper arriving on the site. Tony got up and walked out of the ship. She hugged him.

Loki set out a sigh knowing that the moments he'd shared with Tony were now meaningless. Tony hugged her back. Loki stepped out and she looked at him.

"You. You're the reason he went missing?" She asked, but never really gave chance for him to reply before she was slapping him across the face. Loki stood there is shock.

"Hes the reason I got back." Tony mumbled. Pepper looked at him.

"Oh. Well he still deserved the slap." She took them home in the car. Tony was quiet for the full ride home. Loki was as well. Pepper wasn't. She rambled all the way home, telling Tony all that he'd missed but Tony wasn't paying attention to her. 

They arrived back and Pepper was laid next to Tony in bed. She'd fallen to sleep but Tony couldn't sleep. The bed was too comfortable for him to get to sleep. 

He climbed out of it and made his way to the kitchen. They were in a mansion, not the tower. Tony thought that they'd be in the tower. Apparently that was meanded years ago. Loki was in the kitchen, sat on a stool. His head was on the counter.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked. "Can't sleep?"

"What about you?" Loki lifted his head. Tony slipped his arms around Loki and kissed his cheek.

"You know I can't"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the ship before they were on Earth

The pair of them were staring out of the window. They had done for hours. They were in silence and holding each other.

Eventually they broke away from looking out the window and looked at each other.

"We've been through so much together" Tony whispered, staring into Loki's green eyes. Loki bit his lip as they stared at each other. 

"You weren't the weakling I assumed you to be" Loki whispered. "I guess I don't have to kill you." Tony moved away, the moment ruined. "Wait..." Loki grabbed Tony and pulled him into a kiss. Tony didn't kiss back. He stood in shock as Loki held their lips together. He pulled away. "Sorry."

Tony blinked and put his hand on his cheek.

"You have no need to apologise." He claimed and kissed him back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to now

"We're a terrible pair, aren't we?" Tony laughed and kissed Loki gently on the lips. He knew he wasn't supposed to be doing that now. Anything that they had was supposed to have been tucked away and hidden. On Earth he was with Pepper, not Loki. Pepper wouldn't be very happy with him.

"You're going to get into trouble, Mr Stark." Loki said and chuckled.

"I don't really care currently." Tony got himself a mug of coffee and sighed. "As much as I loved Pepper, well I do love her. What happened in space... What happened between us... I can't just hide that away. I was gone from Earth for years. I expected Pepper to find someone else."

"Yeah, well I never." Pepper said, she'd been standing in the door way. She seemed upset. "There was no one else, and you know that."

Tony bit his lip.

"How long have you been stood there?" Tony asked. Pepper turned away.

"Long enough to see you with him." She frowned. "We're going to make some changes, Tony. Things are going to change." She stormed out. Tony looked at Loki, whose head was back on the counter. He sighed.

"That woman is nasty." Loki mumbled. "I'm sure she has nice qualities but given what you have been through, you'd have thought she'd be more inderstanding."

"I'm pretty sure she blames you for what happened." Tony said. "She won't listen to me about it though. She's a stubborn woman. Once her mind is made up there is no turning back." Tony laughed a little. "I used to love that about her. As we were both stubborn- it lead to some interesting conversation. I'm pretty sure it just came across as whatever she wanted I didn't, though."