audtions

Walking into McKinley High in her mom jeans and slightly fitted white t-shirt, Celeste found her way to her locker.

Gathering her books for the first half of the day, she shoved them in her backpack.

"Celeste, is it true you spent most of your summer in the hospital?" Jacob Ben Israel asked walking up to the girl. Celeste just looked at him wondering how he got that information. 

"Um, no. I went to the doctor but never stayed over night." She lied. JBI gave an unconvinced look to his camera as he walked away. 

"Cell!" She turned her head in the opposite direction and saw her best friend, Tina, jogging towards her. A wide smile took over her face. The two haven't seen each other much over the summer due to her hospital stay. She didn't like visitors when she was there, mainly only Finn. Tina clashed her body against hers in a tight hug.

"Hi TiTi." Celeste said with an excited tone. "How are things with Mike?" The girl asked quietly.

"Great. He treats me like a princess." Tina gushed.

"That's what you deserve." Celeste said as she closed her locker and put her backpack on.

"You look great Cell. I'm happy to see you getting better after what the Cheerios did to you."

"I'm scared to see where this year goes, but also excited. I got my best girl by my side, and I am ready to take on sophomore year." Tina smiled at her as they linked arms and walked towards the chior room.

------------

"These are comments from Jacob Ben Israel's most recent glee club blog;  "Glee is a giant ball of suck"." Mr. Shuester said, starting out the meeting.

"We get it Mr. Shue. Everyone still hates us. So what? So we're plankton on the high school food chain. Only difference now is that none of us really care." Kurt said. 

"Kurt's right. We're a family. They can bring it all they want none of it is gonna break us." Mercedes added.

"I'm happy that you guys have bonded. The problem is that all this negative stuff is keeping other students from auitioning."

"Good. Why do we need new members?" Tina asked from her spot next to Celeste. 

"Well, since Matt transfered, we only have eleven members. If we want to go to nationals - if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline - we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound."

"Yeah. Mr. Schuester's right you guys." Rachel said standing up. "You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at regionals. They were epic. We're gonna need more voices in order to beat them."

"Yeah, I'm with Rachel on this one." Finn said joining his girlfriend to the front of the room.

"Gross." Britt mumbled.

Celeste wasn't a huge fan of Rachel Berry either, but Finn was happy with her so she was happy. 

"Ypu're gonna have to trust me on this, guys. Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year. And we are going!" Celeste turned to Tina with a wide smile. "Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's gonna be, how cool we can be. If they're not gonna come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and 80s pop, let's show them how down we are. Let's give 'em the song of the year, New Directions style." Mr. Schue said crossing his arms. Finn followed awkwardly causing Celeste to laugh. 

The club erupted into cheers, excited for the journey to New York. 

--------------

Celeste was dressed in her black New York City shirt and a light wash ripped mom jeans. She with Tina and Rachel at a tabel in the court yard as Mike sat down a boom box. He pressed play and the New Directions began singing Empire State of Mind