Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Mission

The man who had entered rambled on as Inugami served him another drink. You sat a few seats away from your new 'customer', trying to identify the smell surrounding him. He was currently talking about a woman he'd falling in love with.

"There's this woman that I like, but I don't know anything about her. Like her real name, or her contact information."

"You sure she just doesn't like you?" Shiki asks. The man slammed his hands on the table. "No, that's not true! She's extremely nice! I want to find out more about her. If only I could tell her how much my heart aches for her..."

"It must be love, right?" Akira says.

"Yes! Love!"

"Love?"

"'Koi'"

"Fish?"

The man leaves to use the restroom and the five of you continue your conversation. "I love koi. The koi at the park are especially plump and tasty." Kon exaggerates the size with her hands. "I agree, " You comment.

"You eat the park koi?!" Shiki exclaims.

Ignoring Shiki, you watch as Kabane walks up to Inugami. "Akira said hanyo are born out of love between humans and Kemono. If I learn about love, I might come to understand my parents better. If I go with that gentleman, will I be able to find love?"

It was clear that Inugami was struggling on how to respond from the looks on his face. You decide to help him out by answering in his stead. "Why don't we all go together, then you can decide." Inugami agrees to the idea. "I can leave this case to you then."

"Please, let me do it," Kabane thanks.

"Okay. Then Shiki, (Y/N) and Akira, you three offer him some support. And you, the kitsune girl..."

"It's Kon."

"Kon...You said that you wanted Kabane's head, didn't you? If you help out with our job, I'll give it to you as a reward."

"Really?"

"Whoa, Inugami-san!" Shiki tried to protest. He jumps in front of him to try and reason but Inugami simply reassures him. When the client came back, Inugami introduced the five of you to him. "Sir, if my associates will do, we can assist you with your romantic troubles, cheap. What do you say?"

The man seemed anxious at first. It was understandable, all of you were 15 and below after all. But, he agreed. "Well, whatever. Okay, is tomorrow all right? My name is Yoruno. Tomorrow night near Shinjuku Station's east exit..." He paused when he saw a mouse crawl out. His immediately caught it in his mouth and crawled on the floor towards his bag and stuffed it inside.

"Sorry about that. With the mouse around, I couldn't help myself. I'm collecting them. Sometime, when I can see my girl privately, I'm going to give them to her as presents." He unzips it and showed you the bag filled with mice. Akira and Shiki freak out.

"I was right. He smells like a nekomata," You state. "Nekomata?" Kabane asks. "A Kemono that turns into an attractive man or woman to seduce people," Inugami explains. "I suspect this love will prove to be fruitless."

It didn't take long for the next day to come and at around 8 pm, you met up with Yoruno. You sat next to him at a shop right in front of the red-light district. "That's for mature audience!" Shiki slams his hands.

"Mature?"

"It means to be ripe or fully grown. I read it in a newspaper," Kabane answered.

"I guess it's better if you don't know," You sigh.