Prologue

A bespectacled man walked out of a newspaper stand, he crossed off something from a piece of parchment paper using a travel feather. His golden eyes peered down at the cursive letters on the paper, he then walked to another shop and examined it. Many ladies looked at him and gossiped, he heard their whispers and raised an eyebrow. They were talking of his attractive looks and beautiful figure. He scoffed as these women possibly had husbands at home waiting for them. He wasn't someone who would keep any individual's bed sheets warm, no, he was a person of action and was always moving. Whether day or night. As he finished his examination at the fruit stand he then moved onwards until he saw something. Someone, not something. Well more like "someones" as these three men were all identical, triplets no less. They handed a piece of paper to another man, and they walked away. 
"What an interesting sight," the man with glasses said. He strode over to the other man and nodded.
"Hello there, may I ask what you have there?" As he said this, the other man drew his sword and pointed it at his neck. 
"I ain't gonna just give this to someone random, what is your name?" The man spoke in a gruff, East Londoner accent.
"Pardon me. Claude. Claude Faustus." He said, backing up.
"I need more than your name, remove them gloves of yours." The other man spoke. Claude sighed and removed his gloves, the man took his hand and looked at his nails.
"So ee' is one of us, eh? Mr. Cardwell spoke of you a little while back. I am Maurice Page." Maurice took out his hand for Claude to shake.
"Who is Mr. Cardwell if you do not mind me asking?" Claude did not take his hand.
"Ah, you know."
"Frankly, I do not."
"Oh well it doesn't matter anyways, Cardwell went to France to fulfill a contract. He'll be gone for another month or so. The context of the contract is that some woman gets protected, but he is so new to this whole soul thing he might screw it all up." Maurice explained.
"What did Mr. Cardwell say of me?" Claude asked, folding his arms.
"He doesn't like you all that much. Thinks you are a perfidious prick." He said. Claude's eye twitched, as he had never met anyone by the name 'Cardwell' and if someone was going to say negative things about him, they might as well say it to his face.
"Maurice, are you giving this man a hard time?" a female voice said. A woman walked out from the tent behind Maurice, she was beautiful. She had long, white hair going down in a braid and dark skin. She also had sapphire blue eyes, an odd color, her figure attractive and curvaceous.
"Hello, Mr. Faustus. I am Hannah Anafeloz, I heard you are a demon."