Chapter 2

Hey guys sorry, I went MIA for awhile., Personal issues but Im back now and cant wait to write again <3 Im so sorry once again

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING

---------FYI-----------   If you see this ~~~( name inserted )~~~  its the " pack link " connection 

“Come in” Alpha Powell said as we approached his door.

“Please sit” He said as he sat behind his desk in a wheel chair

“Roxanne, Landon. Please cut off your pack link. “He waits for us to do so.

“ Thank you, I’ve been waiting till Roxanne shifted for the first time to sit you both down and tell you this.” He takes a deep breath. “As you both know, I am very sick. I don’t have much longer to live. However, I have a pack I must provide for and keep safe and that is my number 1 priority.  Obviously, I need a heir.  I have no one else in this pack that I can trust. Lately, there have been rouges surrounding our territory, but they only come when the Beta is on shift. I think there is a leak in our chain. I’m sure you have both questioned to why you don’t know who your mates are yet. It’s because as Alpha the elders choose your mates. There for as of now, I’m handing over my Alpha responsibilities to you both. You will meet with the elders in the morning to find your mates. Please keep this a secret until I let you know anything further.”

Landon and I just looked at each other

“Of course Alpha “ I said and stood up

“Roxanne, it’s just Powell now. “ He said with a smile. I nodded my head and Landon and I walk out of the office that was soon to be ours.

“So how does “co-alphaing” work? “ I asked with a slight laugh

“I’m not too sure Roxx, but we will figure it out. It’s just crazy to know by this time tomorrow we will both know who our mates are.”

“I know, for so long I thought we were going to be mates. Well, I guess we will be off in our own little worlds tomorrow. But let’s make a promise right now. No matter who our mates are, we will always be best friend and try to not let them come in between our friendship.”

“I promise Roxx.” He gave me a big hug and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his body. And he spun in circles until he fell. We laid there laughing for what seemed like hours.

“ C’mon, let’s go enjoy our last night babes” Landon said to me

“Landon can I tell you something” I say shyly as we walk to my room

“Of course” He takes the stairs two at a time and I follow

“I have no clue what to do as alpha, I don’t know why he would give it to us. I only shifted once. I’m so scared”

“Roxx, you’re a natural leader, you always have been. You’re strong, confident, beautiful, everyone loves you. You’ll do great” He kisses my forehead. “ C’mon were going out tonight. One last hoorah before our big day.

~~~ Powell~~~ - Ceremony for position changes tomorrow at 9.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Trying to take it all in.

“Get ready, Ill send Kirsten over to help you. “ Once again he kisses my forehead and walks out.

 A few moments later my best friend crashes through the door.

“ What’s up hot stuff” She says as she plops down on my bed.

“Nothing, Landon’s taking me out tonight. “

“ Oh, what’s the occasion?” She asks

Shit. “Umm, nothing I’m aware of. I think he just wants to get out” I say hoping she buys it.

“Hmm, whatever. Where ya going?”

“I think we’re going out to a club or something”

“Alright well go get a shower, I’ll get everything ready” she shoves a towel at me and I saunter off to the bathroom.

I turn the hot water on and plug my iPod in. When I step into the shower, I let the hot water cover my body. It relaxed my muscles. Thinking about all the responsibilities that are to come in the next 24 hours. After a 15 minute shower. I turn the hot water off and open the curtain only to be attacked by cold air. I grab my towel, wrap it around my petite body and walk back to my room.

I get back to my room and I see a gold sequins tight dress and Kirsten sitting on my bed.

“Hurry up. Landon just came by and told me I only have a hour and a half before your leaving!”

I laugh a little bit and walk over to grab a bra and panties (a thong ) . I stay with a gold bra and thong simply to match the dress. And I sit at the huge black vanity in my room. My room is pretty simple. It has lilac walls, a California King size bed. Lilac curtins, and its pretty basic but I love it. Anyway, I let her primp me for the night since I know she loves it. I know I could do it on my own, but it gives her something to do.

After a hour a 25 minutes my hair is scrunched and wavy and it looks amazing. I have light make up on consisting of eye liner, mascara and cover up. I slide on into my dress and slip my heels on. I look myself over in the mirror. Damn, I look good as hell.

“ Like it?” Kirsten said smiling behind me.

“I love it !” I say giving her a big hug. I look at the clock. “ Perfect timing too “

She glances at the clock by my bed “ Damn, he’ll be here any moment.”

KNOCK.KNOCK.KNOCK.

We let out a little laugh. Right on time.

I open the door and his jaw drops.

“ Damn Roxx, you look… beautiful. C’mon I don’t want to be late. “

And with that we leave the house and off for our last night of freedom.