Fourteen

BLAKE'S POV

I was nervous as I walked downstairs. The house was huge, but with all the walking around I did last night I partially knew where I was going.

"Hey." Nora said as she came toward me.

I gave her a smile. "Hey."

"How are you feeling?" She asked inspecting my body. She touched my cheeks, then my neck and then proceeded to lift up my shirt.

"Woah." I caught her hand mid-way. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry." She laughed softly. "Roman told me to check on you. After I left the basement, I was furious and asked Colton what the hell was going on. He basically told me everything, of course." She rolled her eyes. "I'm a nursing student and this will be some good practice. Roman told me you didn't want to be seen by Dr Krue. So, if you don't mind." She looked at the bottom of my shirt.

Nursing student? She must be older than I thought. "Fine." I lifted my shirt.

She touched around the sore spot of my belly. I flinched from the pain.

"This is where he injected you." She mumbled to herself. "Seems like you're healing, but it's going to hurt like hell through the process. I'll let Julian talk to you later, he's one of the best doctors besides Krue, he'll prescribe you some meds." She placed the bandage back over the side of my sore stomach.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. I like Nora, she's caring and shows emotions unlike her brother.

"You're welcome. So, what do you have planned for today?"

"Nothing really." I rubbed my neck. "Roman hasn't told me much of what I could or couldn't do."

She nodded slowly. "Well, since you went to school for law, later I could show you our private law firm if you'd like."

I silently gasped. "Seriously?"

"Of course!"

I pulled her into a hug out of excitement. "Thank you, thank you."

I couldn't believe it. Even though it was something so small it made me light up with happiness. I could finally see and explore a law firm even though I wouldn't be working in one yet.

"Don't mention it. I'd go crazy if I was stuck in the house all day." She giggled softly.

I smiled as my gaze focused on a picture on the wall behind Nora. It was a large family portrait. They had all black on which I bet Roman wanted. It was five of them instead of four. I noticed a teenage boy standing beside Roman. He looked like their mother with brown hair and brown eyes.

I wonder how they coped after losing him.

Fuck. I forgot I was supposed to be meeting Roman.

"Do you know where Roman is by chance, he told me to meet him down here."

"In a meeting. I can take you there if you want."

"Last time we went looking for Roman it went bad, no thanks." I laughed. "I'll wait here."

She smirked. "Come on, it's a small meeting, if it was important the door would be closed. I walked past like 10 times trying to hear the conversation."