𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

_________

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓, 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆, 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝑭𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒐𝒏, 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓, 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.

_________

After weeping the whole day over her doomed fate to marry Nigel Berbrooke, Florence was pleased to find that it was officially cancelled, due to him fleeing after the scandal over his unwed child was revealed. Relief was an understatement.

Throughout the week, both Florence and Daphne had received multiple proposals. Daphne had her eye on the one man who had yet to propose, so she kindly rejected the others. Florence on the other hand, did not feel the spark with any of the men asking for her hand in marriage.

To be fair, she hardly knew them, but that was part of the problem. Her mother always told her to marry her best friend, she wanted to find that. She didn't have a best friend. Though she supposed Simon would be her best friend, he made it very clear from the beginning how he felt about marriage.

She didn't think about him like that anyway. They were simply two people helping each other get what they want; love and peace. But as they sat in the cafe, Florence couldn't help but watch as he licked his spoon. She knew it was weird if she stared too long, so she pretended to be looking around the room, looking at him briefly every few seconds.

He was a gorgeous man, and for the first time, she felt attracted to him. Watching him lick the spoon made her feel tingly in the place she never expected — between her legs.