Chapter Twenty Two

Listen to the above song for a better feel of the second part of this chapter!

I laughed at Willow. Loud and proud, I laughed at her. Before I knew it, I was clutching to my belly and falling forward. My insides were tearing themselves to shreds and my abdominal muscles pulsated.

When I stood up after my bout of laughter, the girl was anything but amused. She frowned at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, making my tone as confused as I could muster. Yes, I wanted Enzo but right now, I did not trust a two-sided scornful adopted family member to help me get the job done. The moon knew I was not only not that stupid but I was also not that desperate much less gullible. "First of all, I am not interested in your cousin or brother or Alpha or whatever he is to you, Willow and I am deeply offended that you would even suggest such a thing!"

I frowned deeply, acting offended when I settled my eyes against hers. Willow folded her arms across her chest. "You are lying to me!"

"Why would I lie to you of all people Willow!" I let out a tired huff. Honestly, this girl was tiring. She curled her lips in deep thought. "Alpha Enzo has been kind to me. He is helping me find my family. He is my good friend and-"

Willow tries to interrupt me but I stop her.

"And that night you found me coming out of his room was an accident. If you have the nerve then go ask him yourself! I was searching for Tinley then ended up there," this time, I was the one who crossed my arms over my chest. Willow jutted her chin forward.

"You like Enzo, Aoife. You can't convince me otherwise,"

I threw my hands up in the air then took a dominating step forward. Willow flinched ever so slightly.

"Let's say that yes, I do like your cousin-brother or whatever. How can I be sure that you weren't sent by your good ol' godmother into baiting me by gaining my trust and then humiliating me?" I raised a brow at Willow and her mouth slacked. It opened as if she wanted to say something but didn't. "Why would I trust the outcasted family member who would, logically speaking do anything to get back into the good graces of her family?"

"I was not sent by anyone!" She scoffed angrily, throwing her hands up in the air too. "I just want to help you!"

"Why?" I questioned, my voice echoing loudly in the room, bouncing off the four dusty walls. "There has to be a catch. Because frankly speaking, I don't see what you could possibly be gaining by helping me when I didn't even ask you for it because I don't need it,"

Willow clenched her fists tightly and then exclaimed with a low pitched scream. Her hair jumped frantically like it was desperately trying to get away from her. She was a volatile girl, to say the least.

"Okay fine I'll be honest," she pushes her hands through her hair which has dampened with sweat and then she takes a step back. "I want to help you so that when you get your memory back and finally leave, you'll take me with you back to your real pack,"

I couldn't stop my mouth from hanging open.

"I hate it here! I want to live in a place where I can cut my hair like you and not be afraid of the beating that awaits me from my godmother when I return home! Or a place where I can tell the seamstress I want clothes that show my legs and hug my body so tightly I can't breathe! Clothes where the sleeves don't have to stop solely at my wrists for the sake of decency," I tugged on my own long sleeves at that. "I want to be able to talk to boys and laugh with them, dance with them without having to worry about the rumours reaching my godmother!"

The more she spoke, the more she sounded like she wanted to escape but my only question was what was it she really wanted to escape from? Her dominating and strict pack or her godmother? Because they were two different things.