Chapter 4

Connor walked to the E.R., he was tired, he just spend four hours in surgery, fighting with Ava, she recently came back from her retreat and she had not change one bit, she was as ruthless and as competitive as ever, he did not miss those moments, sure at first, he thought he enjoyed them but now? After what happened? He hates them, he will tolerate working with her but... aside from that... he wants nothing to do with her.

"Hey." Connor couldn't help but smile when he heard that voice, "You okay?" Connor turns to look at Ethan, "You look horrible." Ethan said worriedly.

Connor laughed, "I'm fine... Ava is back." He said shaking his head.

"Oh... sorry." Ethan said, "Want to talk about it?" He asked as they both walk deeper into the E.R. "I can give you five minutes."

Connor shook his head, the E.R. seem to be busy today, "Is fine." He said shaking his head, "Want to watch a movie today? My place?" he asked stopping in front of the doctor lounge.

Ethan nodded, "Sure, yeah." He said, "We both need to relax today."

"Why?" Connor asked, "Something happened?"

"Just a long day." Ethan said, "My patient is complicated and April is being passive-aggressive."

"Again?" Connor asked with a frown, lately April been like that to Ethan, there was no reason for it, Connor thinks is because her date with the new guy didn't end up well, so now she's taking it out on Ethan since Ethan is too nice to her and lets her get away with a lot of things, "Talk to Maggie."

"No... no, she just... she needs to bent."

"With you?"

Ethan shrugged, "I don't know but I rather talk to her myself... let's not talk about it... no April or Ava tonight... just you, me, a movie, and good food." Ethan said smiling up at Connor, "Maybe I'll stay over tonight too."

Connor paused and smile, "Sure." he said nodding, he was still annoyed with April but Ethan wanted to talk to her so there was nothing to do there, plus is not like Connor can do anything about it, "What do you want to eat?"

"Let's cook something." Ethan said shrugging, "I'm tired of takeout."

Connor nodded, "Sure... we have to buy grocery, I don't have food in my kitchen." Connor said smiling at him.

"Fine by me." Ethan said they stay quiet after that, Ethan was going to open his mouth to say something but April interrupted him.

"Dr. Choi, the results are back." April said walking up to them, a tablet in her hand, Ethan took it and read the results, Connor smile at April, "Dr. Rhodes." She said nodding at him.

"April."

"Damn it... I'll see you later." Ethan said looking up at Connor, "Things just got more complicated."

"Sure, I'll be here." Connor said pointing at the lounge, "Wake me up when you're done..."

"Sure." Ethan said turning to walk away but Connor stops him.

"Oh! If Dr. Bekker asks where I am."

"I'll tell her you left already." Ethan said smiling at him, "Right, April?" Both men turn to look at April.

"Yeah, she won't bother you, Dr. Rhodes." April said smiling at Connor, "I'll tell the others to let Dr. Bekker know that you left already."

"Thanks." Connor said smiling at her, he then turns around to walk inside the lounge.

"I thought Dr. Bekker wouldn't be back any time soon." April mumbled looking at Ethan, "She put him in a horrible situation."

"Yeah..." Ethan said nodding, "Let's go."