[III] _living_passion_3

To feel alive yet dead.
To have breath in your lungs but to also be six feet under.
To have loved and lost.
To have lived and died.
To have lived long enough to become the villian
And died.
To be a rockstar.
To truly understand this concept,
You must first walk the tides of the shores alone with your wings severed, broken
Crying out from eden or wherever the fuck you fell from
To hear no one answer.

To be a rockstar, you must be hated by many.
Adored by lots.
And desired by thousands.
The tastes,
The scents,
They all age and fade with time.
Enough time given and you'll forget your own scent too.

To be a rockstar,
You must lose.
You'll forever lose.
Money.
Contracts.
Fans.
Family.
Lovers.

To be a rockstar,
You must be willing to bet on yourself.
Are you worthy of such a heafty wager?
Or will Night City grab you by the balls and make you their bitch?

"To hell with it," I smashed a champange bottle against the bouncer's skull, knocking him unconcious as the crowd behind me erupted in screams and cheers.
"I LOVE YOU NIGHT CITY!!!!"

"JOHNNY, WHAT THE FUCK CHOOM?!"

"WHAT? CAN'T HAVE A LITTLE FUN?"
Kerry shoved me into my dressing room.

"Ever since Alt died, you've been reckless man! Almost like you want the badges to swope down and flatline ya ass. Me, Henry, Nancy, we just wanna chill and make music, make money. Not be on every fucking news channel in the city for trying to blow up Arasaka Tower!!!!"

"So what if I die? Big deal! Nothing'll change. I have nothing else to lose."

To lose.
Nothing. To. Lose.
To be a rockstar,
Would you lose everything?
Lose everything for a shot of fame?
______________________________________

"You in there V?" "C'mon, choom. You gotta wake up."

I groaned as I opened my eyes, accepting the fact I've passed over into the next life, only to be laying at Vik's clinic.

"What....the...fuck...."

"V. I'm glad."

"My head, Vik. It...it feels like...fifty shades of get fucked." Vik immediately blocked my punch and injected me with some sort of medication, instantly putting me in a frozen state.

"You're not yourself, V. Your mind and Johnny's are fighting for dominance in your body. So far, his conscious is winning."

"What's gonna happened to V and to me?"

"Glad to know you're Johnny," Vik sat down besides me. "Look Johnny, you're killing V's body. Basically you are a parasite. In a few weeks, neither of you will cease to exist. V's body is basically on its final stand naturally. I can delay with some cyber implants but not with the brain. It'll dereriotate into nothing and you two will be gone."

"You've gotta get me outta this chick's head man!"

"That would cause you both to flatline."

"So...that's it, huh? I'm going to die in this girl's body and...what 'bout her?"

"She will regain control over her body soon. The pseduos are out of her- your system." Vik pulled out a cigarette and lit it up infront of me. "Could be inna half hour. Could be tonight. Tomorrow, I don't know for sure."

My head throbbed in pain as Vik removed the headset and wires from the back of my skull. "We're dying," my voice was now intertwined with the pitches of V's and myself.
"Our time's almost up."