New Beginnings Old Endings

Chapter One

~ The Shock~

Allia's POV

        The pain wasn't worth it anymore, I thrashed despritley trying to find my love, my Ethan, "Please, Ethan just make it stop." I pleaded feeling my body succumb to the freezing pain.

"It's almost over," Christopher said with a pained expression playing on his beautiful immortal face. As he looked at his family to me sadly, "Look at her." 

        I forced myself to open my eyes, my body felt like it was freezing. My heart felt like someone ripped it out, submerged it in icy water, poured acid on it and left it there. My chattering teeth had grown sharper against my lip, but I still shuttered; even worse now that the end was coming. The Freeze was focused on one organ left, my fighting human heart.

        "Please please just make it stop..." I cried even louder this time. Ethan took my hand in his as I kept my teary gaze on him he watched me wrath in pain the torn expression on his face made the pain only that much worse.

"It's almost over I promise." He vowed 

         I let my mind drift because all they could tell me was that it would be over soon. I went into watching the two memories I could and would never forget.

"Come on mom!" I yelled on our Sunday afternoon run. I could hear her panting behind me, trying to keep up.

"I'm coming Allia, I'm a little older than you sweetie, so it's harder for me." She half laughed half panted.

The trail of the forest around us began to fade, and the greens and browns of the forest started changing into blues, reds, and greens from the city buildings. I could hear my mother plain as day yelling for me to slow down before I got into town. I did but didn't stop. I ran across to the main street in our small town and I heard the wheels of an 18-wheeler fly down the road, barreling towards me. I was frozen, I couldn't move. My mother caught sight of what was about to happen. 

"Allia!" she screamed, I had never seen so much fear in her eyes when she saw the 18-wheeler head straight for me. She crashed into me with all her weight. I heard so much, the protesting of the breaks from the truck, the shattering glass, and screams, most of all, my screams. I hid my face from anything that might hurt me. I looked up slowly knowing deep down what had happened. She had been hit.

"Mommy..." I uttered as I saw her mangled bloody body sprawled out of the hot pavement. I pulled out my phone and called my father.

"Daddy...help...Main Street...mommy..." I hung up unable to keep my eyes off of her.

"Mommy..." I uttered again as I came up next to her and placed her head in my lap. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Allia..."

"Shhh mommy, daddy is on his way, we will be okay. It's going to be okay mom." I told her sounding more like I was trying to reassure myself. I heard my father's car come to a stop in front of us. The man in the 18-wheeler never came out of his truck, just stayed there staring as if he had lost his mind. I felt my father's hand on my shoulder.

"Oh Amanda..." my father cried

"Oh my God..." he uttered sounding just like me.

"David..." my mother corked "Take care of Allia, protect her from all you can, keep her safe." She voiced I could tell she wouldn't make it. She looked at me, placing a bloody hand on my face and rubbing my cheek with what strength she had left.