Last days alone

Luke was due to come home in a week. You were cleaning up the house after putting it off ever since you got home. You were in the middle of vacuuming when you felt a false contraction hit you. You turned off the vacuum and leaned over. Blue-Jay and Julius were becoming more active and kicking your ribs at the most inconvenient times. The good thing was, ever since you returned home you could easily tell if you were experiencing false contractions. The last thing you wanted happening was the twins coming early while Luke was still gone.
        About an hour or two later, you finished cleaning up the house and your ankles were swollen. It had gotten a little chilly, so you put on one of Luke's sweaters and sat down on the piano stool. You decided to to record yourself singing a couple of songs that you'd wrote about the twins. Not once did it cross your mind that fans didn't know you were living with Luke, or that you were pregnant. When you posted the little snippets of you singing, you continued on singing some songs. Luke then called you.
       "Hey Lu is everything alright?"
        "Yeah everything is fine, I'm just calling to see if you changed your mind about revealing your pregnancy, or going public with our relationship."
       "No I haven't. What are you talking about? Why is this so sudden?"
        "Well with what you posted on your story, I figured that you changed your mind."
         "Luke what are you saying? You're not making any sense."
        "Well you posted sitting at the piano in the house with one of my hoodies on with some writing that says 'to my future kiddos.'"
      You paused for a second before speaking. "I don't think fans will catch onto me being pregnant. I mean we can always confirm that we're living together, but I do want to wait a little longer before we announce our relationship to the public eye."
        "Alright I was just making sure. I love your voice so much and can't wait to hear it again in person."
       "Thanks Lu. I can't wait for the same thing."
You felt him smile through the phone. "Alright then, only a few more days left doodlebug and a I'll be back home."
"I love you Lu."
"I love you too hun. I'll talk to you more later."
The two of you hung up and you continued to sing some songs and post them on your Instagram story.
"I guess I was running.... from something. I was running back to you." You sang as your fingers ran over the keys in the piano.
You were always a big fan of 5sos, some would even say you were one of their first supporters other then the other 5sos partners. You were so glad that Blue-Jay and Julius had a dad like Luke. You couldn't imagine having anyone else as a baby daddy. After having a snack from the kitchen, you sat on the couch with Petunia. You'd turned on the television to watch whatever peaked your interest. There wasn't anything interesting on, so you went onto Netflix to watch something. You ended up putting on the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S and falling asleep part way through the second episode. You woke up about an hour or two later with some mild discomfort. Petunia was sleeping beside you as you rocked forward, pushing away the blanket that you had on top. As you moved your leg, you felt something gooey on your leg. Your eyes widened as you leaned forward to feel a little more run down your other leg. You panicked and called Liz, there was no way in heck that you would concern Luke and distract him from performing.
"Hey darling is everything alright? It's quite the sudden phone call." Liz said answering.
"I umm.... I don't know what's happening to me right now." Your voice cracked and yo I started to cry. "I took a short little nap and I woke up with something gooey on my left thigh."
"What does it look like?"
You opened your mouth to say something but closed it when you put your phone on speaker to check. You put your hands down your pants and got a little on your fingers to see.
"It's a bit yellow with.... with some blood. Oh my god am I kidding the twins?!" Now you really started to worry.
"No you're not Y/N. What you're experiencing is the bloody show. But in your case I would assume it isn't too bloody."
"So my mucus plug just went? Is that what you're trying to say?"
"That's exactly what I'm saying. Now you shouldn't be alarmed unless you start having early labour contractions. It would take weeks for the plug for drain or in some cases the whole plug just comes out in one big glob."
"I did not need to hear that but ok. What should I do now though?"
"I would say have a bath to get cleaned up and take it easy. You still have time before the kiddos come."
       "Thanks Liz. How much longer do you think?"
       "I can't tell you the exact day that you'll go into labour but I can tell you that both you and Luke still have a few weeks left to get yourselves organized and get together some last minute things before the twins arrive."
       "Ok. I'm gonna go get a bath, talk to you later."
       "Talk to you later darling."
         You hung up the phone and walked up to the master bathroom. You turned on the water, then got undressed. As the water surrounded your tense muscles, you could feel yourself relaxing a little bit. After getting out, you did some yoga, then the doorbell rang. It was some flowers with a note. You picked them up and closed the door. There were red roses. You put the flowers into some water then looked at the little note that came with it.
        "To the love of my life." You started to tear up. "I can't wait to return and begin our little family. I love you so much. Love from Luke."
         You smiled and put it on the fridge.