Ultimate Baes

Shane's POV

I was on Twitter, tweeting about my new vlog for the day. It came to my attention that a lot of my fans went crazy about my kiss in Dare the Dawson with Joey. I also realized that the video had an insane amount of views. Wow, I should kiss dudes more often.

As my thoughts wandered to Joey, as they often do, I realized that I may have been a colossal bitch to him last time we were together. So maybe I kind of, sort of offended him? Well, I mean, of course I did. I called him a dog. Well whatever, that's the last thing on my mind. Lisa is going to be coming back home today, and I have to act like I didn't get marginally gayer while she was gone.

"Hi honey!" I heard her shout, walking in through the door with her luggage. Corny ran up to her and jumped, wanting to be picked up. Lisa obliged and let Corny lick her face. "I missed you so much!" I heard her say in baby-like tone. I rolled my eyes. Why is she so obsessed with that damn dog? "Hey Lisa," I sighed half-heartedly, finally getting off my ass to greet her. She set Corny down and ran towards me, embracing me into a hug which I unwillingly and unenthusiastically returned. "I missed you so much!" She said as she loosened her embrace and pulled me into a kiss. Her lips felt too moist and the texture of her cheap lipstick was uncomfortable. I resisted the urge to pull away from her. I forced a smile as she pulled away. "Likewise," I huffed.

"Since when are you a man of such few words, Shane? What's wrong sweetie?" she inquired, wrapping her clammy hands around mine. "I'm fine, don't worry about it. So how was your trip?" I asked, even though I really didn't care. She started to ramble off about who knows what while I was busy not listening. She was honestly such a bore. I can't even remember the last time I was attracted to her. Sure, she was super sweet and funny, but I didn't think I wanted to kiss her ever again. And when was the last time we had actually went on a date?

I thought about calling up Joey, maybe me could go out...on a date? I wonder if he would be up to it. I bet he's still mad at me. Regardless, I've got to get out of the house. I have to sort out my feelings for both him and Lisa. And honestly I don't think I can listen to Lisa gossip for much longer.

"Shane?" she called, waving her hand in my line of sight. "Have you been listening to me?" she pouted. "Yeah...totally," I lied. "I'm gonna go out," I yelled, slamming the door and getting into the car. I pulled out my phone and dialed Joey. Hopefully Joey can take my mind off of...my feelings for Joey.

Joey's POV

A few days later, I finally decided to get some advice. From Sawyer. It wasn't such a great idea in hindsight.

"So wait, what happened?' Sawyer interrogated. We were sitting in the living room. I sighed, "He invited me over to collab, he kissed me, I got pissed off and then I left." Saywer gave me a confused look. "Why'd you get mad?" I uttered a high-pitched scoff. "He made me eat dog food!" I squealed. "Wait seriously, and you did it?" Sawyer laughed, falling off the couch. "Sawyer, FOCUS!" I whined. "Okay okay", he sighed, wiping a tear from his eye,"What's the big problem?" I sighed. "I wanna know if he likes m-" Just then, my phone started playing Superluv. "Speak of the devil," Sawyer joked. "What do I do? What do I do?" I panicked. "Answer the phone and put it on speaker. The love doctor's about to help you out," Sawyer smiled. I rolled my eyes, but did what he instructed regardless.

"Hey Joey, can I come over? We could hang out, shoot a collab, get some ice cream or something?" he rambled into the phone. "Holy frick dude, that's a date invite," Sawyer whispered. "No it's not, we do this kind of stuff all the time," I rolled my eyes. "So you guys have been going steady?" Sawyer said as his eyes widened. "Uh, Joey?" Shane said. I shoved Sawyer off the couch and replied, "Yea, Shaney, whenever is fine!" He chuckled, "Actually boo, I'm on my way right now. Is that okay?" My jaw dropped. I'm still in sweats and the cutest guy in the world is on his way to see me. "Yea, sounds good," I said, glancing worriedly at Saywer. "See you in a bit," he chimed as he hung up.