Chapter 11

**Corinne's POV**

Sure enough, the key Brad had given me was the key to my bedroom, where I now sat waiting for time to pass. I remembered everything that had happened up until now but I remembered it differently.

Why had I even gone to the ice cream store alone in the first place? I should have brought one of my friends along with me. Even though it certainly sounded like an innocent high school prank, I should have been extra safe.

Really, I should have just ignored the letter in the first place. After all, curiosity killed the cat, and it was certainly going to kill me...literally. I had three days to live besides the rest of tonight. This thought caused me to shudder.

Most people, upon hearing that their life was ending, would put together an extravagant bucket list of things to do and places to see. I, on the other hand, would like to spend the remainder of my life saying goodbye to my friends and family, and being able to make sense of what had happened and why it was me they had chosen. Yes, this question was still on my mind.

Suddenly, another question that had been on my mind before came back to me again. What was my mother doing? What was going on at home while I sat here waiting for death? Had my mother somehow contacted my father about this? Or had he heard it on the news?

My father had left my mother and I when I was five years old. He had taken my older brother with him so that he would grow up with the influence of a man. This was hard on my entire family, except for my father since he had made the decision. I wondered if my father or brother would even recognize me if they saw me on the news. It had been twelve years, so it was needless to say that I had changed.

Right now, it seemed to me that if I could do one thing before I died, it would be to go visit my family and friends and tell them what the whole situation was.

**Back At Corinne's House**
*Rita (Corinne's mom) 's POV*

I sat at the kitchen table, watching the news on TV and waiting for a phone call back from the police. It had been almost a week since Corinne had gone missing and I was worried sick.

The day after she hadn't come home from school I had contacted the police. None of my daughter's friends new where she was and neither did anyone at her school. With worried tears streaming down my cheeks I had called the police and described Corinne's appearance to them as well as every detail I knew about the situation.

Corinne's high school had supplied a mugshot taken for the school yearbook and that was to be shown on the news and around town with the report that she had gone missing.

I could only imagine what my daughter was going through. Who had kidnapped her? And, as much as I hated to think of this, was she still alive?

Most people who go missing are never found again, and I couldn't let that happen to Corinne. I had done everything in my power to re-trace the town for a sign of her and I had the police searching the nearby areas as well.

Just then, I heard my phone's familiar ringtone. Quickly, I pressed the 'accept' button, hoping that perhaps it was someone with news about Corinne.

"Hello?" I said into my phone, trying not to sound as overtired and worried as I was.

"Rita? It's Carrie, Jennifer's mom. I just wanted you to know that Jennifer just told me an important detail that might help us find Corinne."

"R-really?" I stammered. Maybe this was a good sign.

"Yes. Jennifer said that the day before your daughter went missing, she received an anonymously written letter in her locker, telling her to meet them behind the local ice cream store. The letter didn't specifically mention a gender of the author, but by the description they have of themselves in the letter, the girls guessed it to be from a guy."

"Oh my-" I paused.

What had Corinne gotten herself into? I thought I had taught her well as a young girl not to pay attention to things like this and not to go meet up with strangers. This was not a good sign at all.

"How did the anonymous author describe themselves?" I asked after a moment of thought.

"From what I gathered this person had a very dark appearance. Dark clothes and such."

I stopped for a second. I knew someone like that, who dressed in all dark. He had told me once before that when I had a girl, and that she would give in to him unlike I did.

"Th-thank you Carrie." I stammered again, pulling myself out of my daydreams.

But as I hung up my phone and the memories came back to me, only one name stood out in my head.

And that name was 'Brad'.

Author's Note:

OMG! A little surprise there! Sorry it's been a while, school has kept me busy and I'm trying to work on my other books as well.

Could we maybe get this book to 100 votes?? Thanks for all the support guys! It means so much to me!

~ Sophie