Chapter 4: Do I know him?

Next day I sat down at an empty table. I didn't sleep very well. Actually I only got 2 hours sleep. 2 hours isn't much compared to the usual 7 hours and sometimes even after that I'm still tired. I sat alone given that I really wasn't in the mood to sit and listen to my "friends" talk about videogames. Jess was cool tho. The previous day, we exchanged phone numbers, and we texted for a while when I got home from work. We talked about the boys on set. However, I think she's gay or bi, since it was mostly me talking about the boys. Plus, she mentioned that she thought Malia was pretty. It could just have been a compliment, but she had also been giving me som gay vibes. I already liked her. It was a great start to a hopefully great friendship (as long as we don't talk about video games).

That day, I had remembered to bring lunch. A banana, a PBNJ sandwich and a bottle of water. I had also brought my headphones.
And there I was. Sitting alone, eating my lunch, listening to Ariana Grandes new 2020 album, when a figure and a jerk in the bench, woke me from my inner concert. I looked up.

"Hey stranger"

It was Tom. He had sat down at my table. It must've been of own desire, cause I sat there minding my own business. He sat down because he wanted to. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer. He looked at me. I prayed to God that my cheeks wouldn't turn red, although I don't think my plea was heard.

"Hi" I replied.

While taking off my headphones I could feel the heat rushing inside my head.

"So, aren't you gonna tell me your name darling?"

His hand ran slowly through his silky, brown hair and I think he caught me staring for a while.

"Umm. I- I'm y/n. What's your name?"

"You know his name you idiot."

"On the other hand, not asking, may have been impolite and not knowing him may seem alluring"

"Y/n huh? Y/n. Wow. That's a really lovely name." he said with long gaps between his words.

He was looking up, as if he was thinking of what to say next.

"And I'm Tom. Tom Holland" he said very enthusiastically, almost like he was trying to imitate James Bond and his iconic line; "My name is Bond. James Bond"

He looked me in the eyes again and I got a quick flashback to the first time our eyes met. His eyes were deep brown and sparkling. They were beautiful.

"You don't know me?" he added, to break the silence.

I looked down; "Not really. I mean, I recognize your name, but I haven't really seen you before"

Of course I knew him! And of course I had seen him before! I've watched all the Avenger movies! But I didn't wanna sound like some kind of fan girl, risking that he maybe didn't wanted to talk to me again.

"Oh cool. Well allow me to introduce myself Miss" *inhales* "My name is Tom Holland as I said before and I come from London. Fun fact about me; girls sitting by themselves in a room full of people seems to catch my eye" he said flirtatiously.

"How come you sit here all alone?"

I was smiling. It tickled down in my stomach. I couldn't help it. He had just told me I caught his eye!
That I, y/n  y/m/n  y/l/n, caught his eye!

"Well, I'm just tired and I haven't gotten any friends to sit with yet"

"Wow. Did I really say that? I sound like a loser"

I looked down with my face full of regret of what I just had said.

"Hmm. That's kinda hard for me to believe. You seem like a lovely girl y/n"

I looked up, not realising I was smiling again. He was still looking at me. It was like his eyes were trying to tell me something. Perhaps he just liked eye contact.

He continued; "Although you're not good at hitting the bin" he said teasingly. He laughed.

"Well you're not perfect either" I said giggling.

I carried on; "That pull of yours wasn't very gentle"

"Not my fault you're so small" he said pleased with his 'come back'.

"You're not the tallest yourself!" I replied with a forced 'angry' face.

"I'm taller than you, so you don't have a saying in this" he said with an impertinent look, unbothered that I looked offended.

Maybe I didn't look as offended as I thought I did.
I really didn't like being called short. I mean, it's not my fault that I'm like 5'1. But his smile and the tone in his voice made it okay. Actually it warmed up my whole body.

"You're cute when you're mad you know"

"Is he flirting with me?"

I looked down again. Down at my half eaten sandwich which was laying on the white, flowered napkin my mom gave me last time she visited. I could feel him still looking at me. I smiled.

"And by the way, sorry for what happened yesterday"

"Malia is a friend of mine and she has been for a long time. As you, maybe, noticed yesterday, she is a very bossy girl. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes she even thinks she can control me"

I grinned; "It's all good. Actually it's really cool you two are close friends. I have been a fan of her for so long!" I said with stars in my eyes. It may have looked like I had hearts in my eyes. And I think that was why Tom started laughing. I laughed too.

*beep beep*

It was his phone. God dammit phone. Why was phones even invented in the first place?

"Sorry I gotta go. Maybe I'll see you later?"

"Mhm" I murmured.

"In case I won't, give me your number. Please"

That "please" was the cutest ever. It was said with a soft voice, like he was trying not to sound demanding. He was so polite.
Perhaps phones weren't that bad after all.

I gave him my number and just before he turned around and walked away he said; "Bye darling- I mean y/n" with a glint in his eyes.

——

I finished my sandwich and cleaned the table. Next I went back to the makeup room. I needed to rehearse my scenes. I hadn't even read my lines yet. I went back to the room, in hope that I could rehearse my lines alone, but of course I couldn't. In the corner a boy sat in some purple bean bags.

"Typical" I thought to myself, wishing I had stayed in the cafeteria.

Normally, it's easy for me to find some peace and a place to be alone, but that day? Everywhere, I went that day, someone was gonna interrupt my space. Not that I complain about Tom interrupting that day, cause that I fully enjoyed, but sometimes I just wanna be alone.

"Hey" the boy said with a piercing voice from the bean bags.

And that led to the basic first; "where are you from?" "what's your interests?" conversation. He was very outgoing as opposed to me. I was kinda shy. Well I managed to get myself to ask if we could rehearse together, as we both had minor roles with only a few lines. Slowly as we rehearsed, we got more comfortable with one another, and I actually ended up relishing his company. He appeared familiar, but I let it go. Little by little I opened up more and as we kept on talking, I realised he wasn't that bad.
A possible new friend? I already really liked him. He had a great sense of humor and he was really extroverted. Perhaps he was a blessing in disguise? I mean at first I was really annoyed with his presence due to my wish of being alone, but as I got to know him, I started to like him.
His name sounded familiar. I didn't know where I had heard it from. I just knew I had.

"Let's call it a day" he said cheerfully and added; "You're actually really good at acting"

He had an accent. A British one. Just like Tom. But more like his own accent. His hair was light brown and his eyes were hazel.

"Thank you and I'll see you tomorrow, Harrison"