eight - first lead role

Skye's POV

Ashton and Olive looked so peaceful lying there, it was the most happy I'd seen either of them since that night.

When they woke up, they were actually alright for a moment before they remembered, and the looks on their faces were just too painful and I had to look away.

They sat on the bed side by side with their backs against the wall. "I got a call from the guy from The Undaunted." Olive said after a while.

"Oh?"

"I got the part."

"Your first lead role. Are you going to take it?"

"I kind of have to, I guess. I just..." She trailed off.

"Skye would want you to take it." He was so right. This was a huge chance for Olive, she had to take it.

"I know she would. I'm just not sure I want to."

"Olive. You were so excited about The Undaunted before."

She shrugged. "We'll see."

***

Kat started the music, and everyone ran to get into positions, missing the first beats. She turned off the music. "Ahah! You weren't ready." She skipped back to the start of the song, and replayed it.

We were always taught to count the beats of the song, but I found that incredibly hard, and went over the moves in my head as I danced. I danced better that way, although I would occasionally count the beats. Depended on the song.

The music started. Body roll, step out, and arms around and down. I went through the moves in my head as we danced. "Second body roll, step to the left and arms around and down. Arms up, lean forwards, and needle 2, 3, 4. Roll to side, and lean into splits. The more we dance, the more normal I feel, the more alive. I look to the side at Ashton, and he seemed okay. It was impossible for either of us not to be happy when we were dancing. Sam paused the music, and we stopped and looked towards the front. "Faye, you're not giving it enough. Your moves are limp and half hearted." Jack said. I looked behind me at Faye, as did Ashton, who was scowling. Faye scowling, not Ashton. Kat restarted the music. Body roll, step out, and arms around and down! I repeated through my head, the white dress flowing around me as I twirled.