Chapter 4: What's A Field Trip Without Clueless Shaperones?

Flashback

Danny sat on the floor with Sam and Tucker sitting next to him. They were all quiet which was unusual for the talkative group. Danny was surprised that Tucker hadn't said anything about meat and started a fight with Sam over it. Though over the last few days he noticed something off with both of them. He saw the glares they gave him when they thought he wasn't looking, he heard the mumbled 'freak' when they thought he couldn't hear them, and he saw the eye rolls when he came up to them. He always stayed up at night wondering what he did wrong. He did spend less time with them because he was taking care of the Ghost Zone. He needed to, he was the only heir to the Ghost Zone which meant that there was a lot of work to do. Though he never did tell Sam and Tucker about that, it wasn't something you could just say out of the blue. Which is why Danny texted them so they could meet up at his house. He didn't want any secrets between them and wanted to tell them about his new title. However, Sam and Tucker had other plans.

"Listen-" Sam and Danny said at the same time.

"Oh sorry you go first," Danny said.

"Listen, Danny, we can't be your friends anymore," Sam said.

"What?"

"It was only a matter of time, you're a freak. And we can't be seen with you anymore," Sam said.

"Yeah, I mean who would want to be friends with a kid that is half-ghost. It never made you cool, it just made you more of a freak," Tucker said.

"We pretended to be your friends for long enough, but we can't pretend anymore. You are a monster and a freak and we don't want to be around you anymore," Sam said.

Danny looked shocked. Never would he have thought that his friends would treat him like this. They had years of friendship between them. He thought that they accepted him for what he was.

"Fine, go," Danny said.

And with that Sam and Tucker left. And once they were gone Danny let the tears fall. Jazz had overheard the conversation and came downstairs to the lab. She saw Danny on the floor, curled up and crying. She ran to him and hugged him.

"They are right, I am a freak," Danny said in between sobs.

"You are special Danny. You always see the good in people. And these powers only made you even more special. They are just too blind to see what a good friend you are. And that's their loss. Right now it's going to hurt but one day you will see that you don't need them," Jazz said.

Danny just nodded at his sister's words. They stayed like that for what felt like hours. Danny went to school without Sam and Tucker by his side and people started to notice. And with that new nicknames started to be thrown his way. Sam quickly become more popular since her family's wealth was exposed and became friends with Paulina. Tucker also become popular since he was dating Sam. They would usually join in on the bullying. Valerie and Dash noticed Danny's change in friends and questioned him about it. But he would say they just fell apart. It wasn't until later on in their friendship he told them what really happened. Let's just say he was glad he had ghost strength that could hold a person back.

Present

Danny looked outside the window of the bus looking at the green and black sky. It always calmed him down. Jazz was reading a book, while Valerie tinkered with her weapons, and Dash played video games on his phone. The rest of the class looked at the Ghost Zone in awe. The farther they went into the Ghost Zone the more purple doors would show up.

"Mrs. Fenton, what are the purple doors for?" A student asked.

Danny mentally sighed.

"We actually don't know. This is our first time in the Ghost Zone," Maddie said.

"Moby-Dick Mr. and Mrs. Fenton! Why would you think that taking students on a trip to the Ghost Zone would be a good idea if you never actually have been here before!" Lancer yelled.

Danny, Valerie, Jazz, and Dash started to silently laugh at the Fenton's cluelessness.

"It's okay Mr. Lancer. There is nothing harmful in the Ghost Zone. We can just open one of the doors to see what's on the other side," Maddie said making her way to the entrance of the bus.

Before she could open the doors of the bus Danny spoke up with an amused smile, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"And why not, freak," Sam said from her spot on the bus next to Tucker and opposite to where Paulina and Star were sitting.

"Because the doors lead to some ghost lairs or portals that lead to different time periods that are only open for a small amount of time before closing forever. So unless you to hang out with King George III for the rest of your life or get attacked by a ghost I wouldn't do that."

"Daniel James Fenton! How do you know so much about the Ghost Zone?" Maddie yelled.

"Because I've been to the Ghost Zone plenty of times to know a lot about it," Danny said.

"You aren't allowed anywhere without our permission. When we get back you are grounded and I forbid you from coming back to the Ghost Zone," Maddie said furiously.

"If only I respected you enough to follow your rules," Danny said, which made Jazz, Valerie, and Dash laugh.

Before Maddie could say anything Danny's ghost sense went off. He sent a look to Jazz, Valerie, and Dash. They looked out the windows to see if there was a Ghost around. Suddenly, a Ghost appeared out of nowhere and raised a hand toward the bus. Before Danny could react, the ghost shot an ecto-beam at the bus. Successfully, damaging the bus and knocking out everyone inside the bus.

"Bringing humans to the Ghost Zone, that's against the rules, Ghost Boy."