Chapter 2

Asteria waited for the medic troops to do their job and stay out of the way as they treated Ashoka

She had never met Ashoka but she knew who she was. She wanted to check on her and maybe try to contact Anakin to give him an update on his padawon. She concentrated on Anakin through the force, he had nothing but worry and sadness around him.

After a good 20 minutes the room had cleared out of all medics allowing Ashoka to rest. Asteria got up and made her way into the room to see Ashoka awake now and trying to meditate. Ashoka sensed someone coming in and she opened her eyes to see someone she had never met before.

"Hello, do I know you?" Ashoka asked Asteria with a confused voice.

Asteria smiled and said "Hi Ashoka, I'm Jedi knight Asteria Salvatore. I know we've never met but I'm a close friend of Anakin's and wanted to check on you."

Ashoka remembered the name from some of Anakin's stories and relaxed her shoulders realizing she wasn't in any danger. Ashoka smiled and said
"Hello Asteria, Anakin has told me lots of stories about you and him, it's nice to meet you ."

"It's nice to meet you too Ashoka. What happened to you? Are you okay?" Asteria asked concerned.

Ashoka signed and said
"I'll be fine. Master Skywalker was being arrogant as usual and lost control of his cruiser. I came to his rescue, also as usual and I ended up crashing my own cruiser. All for him!! I had just finished painting the sides of mine to make it more "me" and it all got ruined because master Skywalker wasn't paying attention."
She crossed her arms and huffed.

Asteria smiled in amusement. She could tell Ashoka was full of light and adventure, she was just like Anakin when he was her age. She cared deeply for her master and appreciated his lessons. She was glad she finally got to meet Ashoka, her and Anakin's battalion have become heros of the clone wars.

"I'm sorry you lost your cruiser Ashoka, I know it's nice to personalize something as your own since we don't have many personal possessions. I heard the medics on their way out and I unfortunately don't think you're going to be going back out in the field anytime soon. You're badly injured and the council wants to keep an eye on you for quite some time." Asteria told her.

She sensed Ashoka's disappointment as she slugged down in her bed. Ashoka loved her missions with the team, Asteria wished she could be out there like Ashoka.

"I'll leave you alone to rest, you need to. I'll visit you tomorrow and whenever I get a chance to after that Ashoka. It was nice to have met you." Asteria said as she walked out.

Ashoka didn't respond, she was too upset. She felt a little rude for not thanking Asteria for taking the time to visit her. She appreciates her committing to seeing her every day so she wasn't alone.
She returned to her meditation before finally resting.