𝟮𝟵 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

This was it. She had finally determined that it was all over.
Naomi realized that she was not dead and the regret of letting go came crawling onto her.
The ground was cold, piercing her skin.

She struggled to cry out, the pain of her ankle too much to bare. It wasn't just broken anymore, the bone had broken through, and the sight of it made her disgusted.
Her blood seeped out, crawling along the ground and soaking into her clothes. It was dark in this corner that she had fallen into, the walls of the buildings closed in around her.

Naomi saw her phone lying on the ground in front of her. It was dented, the crack in the screen had grown. She tried to reach out to it, but it was too painful to move her fingers closer to grasp it.

She laid her head back down, succumbing. No one knew she was here. No would should care.
Tears weld up in her eyes when she looked at her bloody hand. Her green irises darkening as the sun went down. The drawings on her hand were smeared, mixing with her blood. The mixture dropped down her knuckles, staining the ground.

Her ring, Iwaizumi's ring, was still clinging around her finger, not daring to fall off. The band was worn out and the gemstone was close to slipping off. The shimmer was dying out.
Naomi couldn't even feel most of her body anymore. The pain was fading with her consciousness. She could only feel her regretful tears slip down her face.

Naomi wished she had changed things. She wished she hadn't led herself up there. She wished she had admitted all she'd done long before ending up here, alone.
Naomi, however would lie here, looking at her buzzing phone, a phone call incoming. Her skirt was stained with blood and her heart was crying as it slowed.

Iwaizumi hadn't deserve this. He didn't deserve anything she had done.
Naomi knew her concept was stupid, reckless, and troubling. If she had known the heartbreak, she would've never met Iwaizumi. She wouldn't never let herself meet him and his gentle smile.
Naomi wished to see him again. She wished she had a chance to correct this. She wished to fix her mistake.

Naomi wished she could tell him, in full honesty, in full truth. No malice, no trick, no fakery, no lying through her teeth.

She wished she could tell him now in full sincerity...
"Naomi!"
It was like an angel was speaking to her, calling out from above. Her ears rang as her fingers cramped up.
"Naomi!"
She wanted his embrace. She wanted to hold his hand. She didn't want to leave him anymore, not without saying goodbye.
"I'm getting help!"

His shoes, she recognized those colored laces with dried mud staining them.
They were in front of her eyes. His hand rested on her back.
"I'm calling for help! You'll be okay!"
She couldn't close her eyes, not when there was so much to look at.

┅ ┅ ┅

Sitting in the hospital, Iwaizumi sat beside her, holding her ring between his fingers.
He hated the smell of this place, but it was worth it for her.
Although he hadn't known exactly why he found Naomi there, his mind always went to the worst. He knew the situation at school was bad, but he assumed it would die down. They were still dating, so such a rumor even surviving as long as it was, it wasn't good for her.