Chapter 5: Time's Up

Will was awoken by Daisy three hours later, just as Daisy had promised. He felt better; the pounding headache he had gotten from using his healing powers, plus from lack of sleep and probably not enough water was completely gone. It was quite ironic that he was supposed to help people get better when he didn't even take care of himself. His eye bags that signified his lack of sleep weren't as prominent as they had been the past few days, and he just all around felt more energized. Three hours could certainly do a lot.

   Will headed back across the camp to get back to the infirmary. Apparently Daisy did a good job with some of the patients, because one was already gone and Morgan was just getting up to leave.

   "Leaving already?" Will asked her as she flexed her leg.

   She turned around, unaware that Will was behind her. "Uh, yeah! My thigh feels pretty good, thanks to all your healing and the nectar and ambrosia! Thanks so much, Will!"

   Will smiled. "Glad I could help, Morgan. I'm just thankful you're alright! That Roman was pretty tough. Just make sure not to overdo it!"

   She grinned. "Of course. See you around!"

   Will was glad she was okay. When she came in, she had lost a lot of blood, but she was almost as good as new. That left four people in the infirmary. Jeyden Simmons, a son of Hephaestus who was badly injured when the ground opened up from Gaea, though he was probably going to be fine, the worst was out of the way. Then there was Norman Long, a son of Nemesis who nobody really saw what happened to him. He had really bad injuries across his whole body, and he was in a coma. None of them knew if and when he would wake up. Next was Penny Griffin, daughter of Demeter. Penny was stabbed in the gut by one of Octavian's right hand men, but was able to take him down before dragging herself to the infirmary. If anyone says that Demeter kids are weak, think again.

   And of course, there was Nico. He was a bit nervous to talk to him after what he said earlier, but he pushed that aside. He walked over to his bed, and when Nico saw him, he looked away. He was probably annoyed Will was here again.

   "Hey, death boy! How are you feeling?" Will beamed at him. He was just so cute, he couldn't help but smile when he was around him.

   "Maybe I should be asking you that, Solace. You haven't checked on me in four hours. Are you feeling okay?" He said sarcastically.

   "Oh, I went to take a quick nap."

   "Oh, so that's why you seem to be more annoyingly cheerful than usual." Nico remarked.

   Will ignored him. "Do you need anything? Some water? Food? New bandages?"

   Nico rolled his eyes. "Yeah. I need you to go away."

   Will laughed it off. Nico always said things like this, but he knew the best thing to do was ignore it. He knew Nico didn't actually mean them, he was just being sarcastic and stubborn. Right? Will looked over at Nico, and his face was red.

   "Nico?" He asked, concerned.

   "Yeah?"

   "Are you feeling okay? Your face is all red, like you have a fever. I'm going to check your temperature."

   "N-no! I'm fine, Solace."

   "Well, if I'm going to be letting you out of the infirmary tomorrow, I have to make sure you're okay."

   Before Nico could protest again, Will stuck a thermometer in his mouth. Less than a minute later, it beeped.

   "Well, your temperature is fine. I'm going to check your heartbeat now."