thirteen.

harry and louis get into a pretty heated argument in the cab. louis snaps at harry because he's tired and cranky and still a little horny. harry snaps at louis because he's tired and cranky and fed up with louis' childish behavior.

louis is pissed off because he's sure harry was flirting with the shaggy haired boy. harry thought, though tragically annoying, the boy was cute and he accidentally says this aloud, ultimately setting himself up for a divorce.

"louis- i wasn't flirting," harry says for the third time, desperately trying to stay calm. "he was cute, sure, but i wouldn't flirt with him."

"what?" louis practically screeches, smacking harry's shoulder. "are you fucking kidding me?"

"shit, i'm sorry, louis. can we just drop this?"

"absolutely fucking not."

so harry continues to try and console a pissed off louis and ends up getting pissed off himself.

when they finally arrive at the house they'll be staying at, the two boys aren't even on speaking terms. louis angrily drags his bags into the master bedroom and refuses to let harry help and then proceeds to slam the door in harry's face. harry takes this as an invitation to take the couch. 

he wishes things would have gone a little differently. maybe louis could have taken a tour around the house. then they could have sex in every room. then sex on the beach. 

besides, harry had worked really hard to earn enough money to pay for this trip. the house they had rented was small and was a part of a line of houses along the beach. the private part of the beach, of course, was shared by all the residents from the houses.

it was just harry's luck to run into nick on the one mile stretch of beach that he was on, out of all the beaches in Mexico.

"imagine that. harry?" 

harry turns and is, to his surprise, actually kind of relieved to see someone familiar. but then he's annoyed later because he reminds himself just why he's sitting in the sand by himself and not with louis. 

nick takes in harry's appearance and the stressed way he keeps tugging on his hair. "trouble in paradise?"

"yeah, no thanks to you," harry snaps.

nick chuckles, further annoying harry. "sorry about that. couldn't help myself from not talking to you, though." his voice shifts and becomes less annoying and more sincere. nick's smile loses the smirk and the cockiness of his expression fades. 

harry nods, not sure what to say. "to be honest, it was kind of nice. louis hasn't been exactly, er, treating me like his husband lately. don't get married, nick," he says, digging his feet further into the sand.

"i was married, once," nick admits. "it was the shittiest part of my life, i'm glad it's over."

harry isn't sure how to respond. "sorry?" 

"i'm not," nick says, shrugging. 

"well, it's just that we're having a baby, you know? and i thought i'd be a lot more excited but i can't help but feel like louis doesn't love me anymore. like he just loves the idea of having a baby with me." as soon as harry says this out loud, he immediately regrets it. he also feels like he's lost a huge weight off of him, however, and feels better, but still pretty guilty.

nick nods. "right," he turns, distracted by something far off. "right," he repeats, "well, i've got to head off. but hey, here's my number, yeah?"

harry nods, handing nick his cell phone without thinking. nick was cute, obviously, and it was nice to talk to someone about the things that were bothering him. he couldn't have these conversations with any of the boys because they were all so close to louis. plus, he didn't want their opinions. just someone to vent to.

"call me if you ever want to talk," nick says as he swaps their phones back. the two stand, brushing the sand off and exchanging an awkward goodbye hug.

"see you," harry says, turning back to the house and mentally preparing himself for louis' wrath.

louis is sitting on the couch when he enters, trying to work the telly. "hey," he says, not bothering to turn around and face harry. 

"hello."

"dinner?" louis asks.

"i'll run and grab something, yeah?" 

louis nods. "chicken sounds good to me."

so harry leaves, ready to fulfill louis' every wish (dinner, groceries for the week and froyo). the trip is definitely not going as planned and harry curses himself for that.

he regrets getting into a fight with louis and spoiling the trip, but at the same time, he's grateful for it. he has so many feelings he hasn't been able to voice and maybe he'll finally get to share them with louis. even if it ends badly, at least louis will know how he feels.

it's been this way for a while now. ever since louis decided he wanted a baby. harry obviously wanted a baby as well. he'd been hesitant at first, due to the fact that he wasn't sure if they were ready. he always wanted a child, though. ever since harry was a child, he had dreamed of having one for himself. you could say he was a bit obsessed with babies, but he never let it cloud his perception or decision-making.

louis, on the other hand, was oblvious to any problems in their relationship because he was clouded with a vision of a happy little family. 

with one hand on the steering wheel and one running through his long hair, harry tries to navigate his way through the town, successfully finding everything he needs (after about two hours).

he also sneaks a drink at a bar, but is smart enough to leave after one. he doesn't want to resort to this - drinking away his problems.

he owes it to himself to be good to louis. he owes it to his unborn child to be good to louis and to be good to himself. 

doesn't mean he can't purchase a bottle of hard liquor at the grocery store.