Chapter 2

I blinked my eyes open slowly, and shut them just as quick feeling an agonizing pain at the base of my skull. I took a breath from my stomach and blinked my eyes open again. I was in pitch blackness, the only light that my eyes caught was a small red button, glowing, and flashing a steady beat. It took me awhile to realize that I was laying on the floor. I pressed my hands against the cold, metal, or so it felt, Floor and forced myself upwards. Rubbing the hurt part on my head. Where was I? As if that thought wasn’t scary enough, another one hit me Shit. Where was Maddie?! I took a few good, solid breaths before clearing my head. Alright I told myself we’re not getting anywhere by panicking, I need to look for a way out. My hands fumbled around, searching for the wall in my container. It was a small, tight space that made me feel sick to my stomach. Just then, a loud clanging sound brought me to my senses. My back immediately straitened, my eyes wide and my breathing sharp. The Red light blinked a couple times then went out completely. I heard a mechanical whirl, The Container jolted upwards, and continued on a steady pace, moving up with a whirling sound. After a couple seconds it abruptly came to a stop. The only sound was my heart beating hard. The front of the Container suddenly raised up, first just a sliver of light, and it grew bigger, I shielded my eyes, and after adjusting myself, stepped out into the void. I gasped at the sight before me.