Chapter 1

Note: I admit that the title is horrible, I'll change that once I find a better one but I promise that the story a lot more interesting than the title... hopefully. The tags are also bad, I'll add a few as the story goes on. Sorry about the spelling. I did have fun writing this story, I been working on it for a while now and I have to say I'm proud of it and I really hope you enjoy reading.

Connor yawn as he wrote down some notes on the computer, he was in the E.R. today seems to be a slow day for him, almost no patient needed anything, just high fevers and dehydration, nothing serious, IV bags and a couple of medications and they were out, today had been so a slow day, Connor had caught himself drifting off multiple times already, "Long night?" Will asked placing a vanilla folder next to him.
"More like a long day." Connor said shaking his head, a smile on his face as he turn to look at Will, "Anything interesting?"
"I got a kid that broke his front teeth." Will said shaking his head, "You?"
"A woman with the cold." Conner sighed looking at Will, "And a guy with low blood sugar... fun." He said sarcastically Will chuckles at him.
"Yeah... Nat and April had been seeing the most action today." Will said turning to look at trauma five, Connor did too, in there they could see April and Nat trying to help a pregnant woman calm down but the woman kept screaming all kinds of insults and curses at her husband who dared to bring his lover in while his wife was in labor, the woman was red in the face with anger and pain.
"Yeah..." Connor said nodding, laughing a bit at the way April would lower her head to hide her smile and the way Nat would bit her lips to hold back a laugh, "I offered my help but the wife kicked me out."
Will laughed, "Me too." He said, they watch what was going on in trauma five like it was a TV show, both wishing they were in there instead, Dr. Charles and Dr. Reese walk up to the room and step inside, apparently psych was called in, "I envy them." He said shaking his head.
"Yeah." Connor said nodding before turning back the computer, deciding to end his notes there, Dr. Stohl can give him an earful later for not recording everything, something interesting to look forward to today, "Want to catch something to eat?" he asked turning to look at Will, "Maybe catch a game?"
Will nodded, "Yeah, sure." he said, "Maggie!" Will said turning to look at Maggie, she was bored out of her mind too, sitting on her chair and staring at trauma five, Maggie turns around to look at him, "We're going out, call if something comes up."
Maggie nodded, "Don't be out too long." she said turning back to the show, "Dr. Stohl will not be happy to know you guys decided to sneak out before lunchtime."
"I'm sure he'll be fine." Connor said laughing, both Will and Connor walk into the doctor lounge, pausing to see Ethan sleeping on the couch, "I never seen him sleeping before." Connor said staring at Ethan, "That's how bad today is."
Will chuckled and walk up to Ethan, slapping him on the leg, "Wake up!" Ethan gave a little jerk as both Will and Connor laughed at him.
"Did something happened?" Ethan asked turning to look at the E.R.
"No." Connor said walking to his locker, "But Will and I are going to the bar, want to come with us?"
Ethan sighed as he sat up on the couch and stretched out, "Sure." Ethan said nodding, "Better than here." he said walking up to them to open his locker, "I took care of a sprained ankle and Maggie haven't called my name since." he mumbled shaking his head.
Connor look at him, "When was that?" he asked not remember seeing Ethan anywhere in the E.R. since he got in.
"Around... seven of the morning, I think." Ethan said, "Just when I came in."
"Oh." Connor said nodding, it was now ten of the morning, "I got here ten minutes late." He said grabbing his coat, "Didn't see you."
"I went to X-ray then came back to Maggie telling me there was nothing going on, I came here instead." Ethan said shaking his head, "I had never been this boring in E.R. before."
"Yeah." Will said nodding, "Tell me about it."
"Trauma five is the most interesting right now." Connor said looking at his phone, "Nat took that case."
"What's in trauma five?" Ethan asked looking at them confused.
"You'll see when we get out." Will told him, they changed out of their clothes and walk out of the doctor's lounge to heard the screams from trauma five, the wife was still at it.
"Oh." Ethan said looking at the room where Charles and Reese were trying to calm down, Natalie and April were still in there, "What's going on?"
"The wife is pregnant." Will started, "Going into labor... husband came in with lover."
"Oh."
"Yup." Connor said, "She asked for a divorce, then told him to choose, then sided with the lover, then curse them all... went back to tell him she loves him... is a disaster in there." the three stood in front of the door looking at trauma five, then Connor saw Dr. Stohl coming into the E.R., "Let's go before Stohl tell us to review our notes and rewrite them." He said, the two men laughed and followed Connor out of the E.R.
-
"So how are you and Nat?" Connor asked looking at Will, the three were sitting on a tall table at the bar, right in front of a TV, food, and drinks on the table, they been there for a while, talking.
"Awesome." Will said taking an onion ring, "She's amazing, I'm lucky to have her." He said nodding before taking a bite off the giant onion ring, "And Owen is amazing too."
"You two deserve each other." Ethan said, playing with a fry, "Since day one."
"Oh, come on." Will said shaking his head, "You and April were meant to be too." He said looking at Ethan, "Just give her time, she'll come around."
Ethan scoff, "Yeah, I don't think so." He said, "I don't know if I want to wait around for her."
Connor nodded, "Yeah, I get it... after Robbin and Ava... I'm not willing to wait for another woman to come around." Connor said grabbing his drink, "I'm concentrating on myself now." he said before taking a sip.
"Me too." Ethan said nodding, "I'm not waiting on anyone, if she comes back, fine, if she doesn't... fine." he shrugs, "But I'm not sitting around and watch as she goes out on dates."
"Amen." Connor said nodding, Will look at them and laughed, "What?"
"Nothing." Will said shaking his head, "Just... you two are way better looking than me and I'm the one with a girlfriend while you two had have horrible luck with relationships." He said laughing.
Ethan laughed, "Must be a curse." Connor said making Ethan laugh more, "Is true."
"I'm not that good looking." Ethan said shaking his head.
"Interns drool all over you." Will said bumping Ethan's shoulder, "They fight to be near you... I'm like the big brother." Will said smiling at them, "You two are like... in their words not mine, 'sex gods'"
"No!" Ethan said shaking his head, Connor burst out laughing, "Why do you know that!?"
"He likes to listen on the med students." Connor said, "Is his new hobby." He looks at Will and threw a fry at him, "Shame on you."
"What?" Will asked looking for the fry Connor threw and ate it, "Is fun most of the time."
"For you." Ethan said shaking his head, "Sex god..." He scoffed, "They should concentrate on actually learning stuff, I swear..."
"Each year they show up dumber?" Connor asked nodding, Ethan nodded back at him, "Yeah, I've noticed." He said, "I had to teach a bunch of them how to put a simple IV, even Maggie was surprised."
"Yeah." Ethan nodded, "I hear you."
Will stare at them, "You two should get to know each other more." Will said smiling at them, "You two have a lot more in common than you think."
"Like?" Ethan asked turning to look at Will.
"Well, for started you two are obsess with perfection." Will said shrugging, "You two can be strict... I mean, you two should talk more often, I talk to the two of you but I never see you two hanging out like this."
"Don't make it awkward, Will." Connor said smiling at him, "It sounds like you're trying to get us on a date or something."
"No, nothing like that." Will said shaking his head, "Just saying... damn it, my team is losing." He said looking at the TV, Conner turned to look at the TV and laughed.
"That's what you get for following a bad team." Ethan said laughing too.
"A bad- they are not bad... they're actually pretty good." Will said pointing a finger at them.
"With a bad score of games." Connor said, "Admit it, they suck."
"Yeah." Ethan said looking at Will then at the TV, "They are horrible."
-
Ethan made his way to the coffee cart, annoyed at how slow the day is, the three doctors came back from their lunch break because Maggie called them telling them that a car crashed and needed doctors but when they rushed in they found out that Will was to take care of the kid, that was the one with the most injuries while Connor took care of the mom, who was having a bit of heart problems and then Ethan took care of the dad, not much there, the crash wasn't that bad, they crashed into a tree, the dad was fine, a couple of bruises and split lips, nothing on the scans, the dad was fine so Ethan discharge him already but the day is barely over, just a couple of hours more. Ethan ordered his drink and took a seat on a bench outside, sighing in boredom as he looks at the people walking around, "Hey."
Ethan looks up and smiles, "Hey." Ethan said looking at Connor, "How's the mom?"
Connor sighed and took a seat next to Ethan, a mug on his hand, "I discharged her already, it wasn't anything serious, her blood pressure went up but we got it under control quickly." Connor said shaking his head, "What a day, huh?"
Ethan chuckles, "Yeah." he said, "The dad got a couple of bruises, nothing to worry about." he turns to look at Connor then down at his cup.
"The kid is worse, they didn't secure him and went flying to the front, he'll be fine but needs more attention." Connor said before taking a sip from his drink, "Will is going to be busy for a bit." Ethan nodded and turned to look forward, his mind thinking about what to do next, the interns are taking care of the patients, if they can't handle it a resident will take over, "Treatment five is empty." Connor commented, "They were moved to the delivery room."
"How did it ended?"
"Maggie said that the wife tried to kick the lover out but turns out that she was helping the wife throught the labor, so they kicked out the husband instead, now the lover is in the delivery room helping the wife, the lover claimed she didn't know that he was married." Connor said laughing, "Now the husband is in the waiting room."
Ethan laughed, "Christ." He said shaking his head, "I mean... I shouldn't be surprised, my sister lives with her boyfriend and his wife." he said, Connor look at him surprised.
"Really?"
"Yeah, Vincent, my nephew, is being raised in a house full of love, he also has a big sister." Ethan said nodding, "It was strange at first but now I'm used to it."
"What about your parents?"
"They don't know yet." Ethan said, "They won't care, she's the only one to give them a grandson... unless I have a kid running around, which I doubt it." he said with a chuckle.
Connor nodded, "Yeah, my dad thought I had a secret family, of course, he now knows I don't."
"My mom thinks I'm married to my job." Ethan said, a small smile on his face, "She's not wrong but she didn't say it as a compliment."
"Did they ever met April?" Connor asked, "Dad liked Ava for a while."
"They heard of April, they don't understand why we broke up." Ethan said, "I told them we just needed some time apart."
"I didn't have to tell dad anything, everyone knows what happened with Ava." Connor said, nodding slowly, his jaw clenched.
"Sorry about that."
"No, that's fine, like I said, I'm concentrating on myself now... no women, no stress, just me." Connor said leaning back, letting out a sigh, "Me and my lonesome."
Ethan nodded, "Me too."
Connor look at him, both drink their drinks silently before he thought of something, "Hey... why don't we both go out tonight?"
"What?" Ethan asked turning to look at Connor confused, "Tonight?"
"Yeah, we go out, hit the bar or a club... you heard Will, we're both single, we're both horrible at relationships, so why not?" Connor asked excited.
"No thanks." Ethan said shaking his head.
"Oh come on!" Connor said shoving Ethan playfully, "A game? There's a game tonight, huh?"
"How do you know that?"
"I heard Nat earlier." Connor said with a shrug, "She wanted to go but she can't... but that's not the point, the point is... two guys, who happen to be single, are going out to have fun, come on my treat." he said, "I'll add the ramen too."
Ethan burst out laughing at that then turn to look at Connor with raised eyebrows, "Really? Ramen?"
Connor laughed, "Sushi?" he asked teasingly.
"Your treat?" Ethan asked leaning back to look at Connor properly.
"Oh yeah." Connor said nodding his head, "Ask for whatever you want, beer, food, dessert, shoes, clothes... I'll buy it, I'll treat you like a princess." Ethan laughed.
"Can I drive your car?"
"Whatever you want."
"Fine, we'll go to that game." Ethan said nodding, "After work?"
"After work." Connor nodded as he took out his phone, "Let me just buy those tickets."
"Dr. Choi?" Both men look up to see Sarah standing there, "I need your help with a patient." She said pointing behind her with her thumb, "Well not your help but he'll might feel more comfortable with you."
Ethan nodded, "Alright." He said standing up, "See you tonight, Dr. Rhodes." He said turning to look at Connor.
"Sure!"