chapter 14: Death wish

(Y/n's dream while unconscious)

"Please Y/n... wake up. I need you." Harry whispered.

"What happened ?!" Dumbledore yelled.

"Sh-She jumped! Please I can't lose another person I love." Harry cried

They took her to the hospital wing quicker than a blink. When they got there Madam Pomfrey was waiting for them.

***TIME SKIP***

"She might make it, but it is very unclear as of now," Pomfrey said. "The best thing you can do is stay by her and pray."

She walked out of the room so Harry could have his privacy.

"Please Y/n I really do need you. I wanted to grow up with you, defeat Voldemort with you, and just be with you. You can't die on me, I have no one else." Harry cried on her cold, almost lifeless body.

He didn't move, he just sat there trying to embrace his last moments with the love of his life. He kept trying to convince himself that this wasn't happening, but he couldn't so he got Hermione and Ron to comfort him.

"I caused this. I tried to start a relationship with her that she didn't want. I got on her when she said no." Ron exhaled.

"I didn't get to make memories with you. I knew you were different from your dad." Hermione lightly sobbed.

"I wanted to spend Christmas with you..." Harry breathed heavily.

They all sat there for the rest of the day, mourning about how their best friend might be gone for good.

He grabbed her hand and looked at the rings she had on her fingers. She always wore them, no matter the occasion. The one ring caught Harry's eye though. It said, "Rip LE and JP" standing for Lily Evans and James Potter. Raven gave it to her when Harry and Y/n started getting close.

Once Hermione and Ron left Harry moved his chair closer to Y/n. He looked at everything single detail about her and he couldn't find one imperfection. He stroked her hair with his hand and rested his head on her chest.

"Y/n, I don't know if you can hear me but... I love you. So so much and I'm sorry I couldn't be a good boyfriend." Harry sobbed, letting his tears soak into the blanket.

He didn't know how triggered this to happen, but he did know as soon as he found out someone was bound to be dead.

"She's waking up," Pomfrey said.

(End of the dream in unconsciousness)

"She's waking up!" Pomfrey said. ( A/N cue sad music)

Harry lifted his head up so fast he almost got whiplash.

Y/n's fluttered open while she inhaled deeply. She looked around her to see herself in the hospital wing.

"Y/N! " Harry cried, hugging her. "I was so worried."

She hugged him back just as she realized what she did.

"Harry..." Y/n gasped out. "This is Ron's fault." She said before coughing up more blood.