𝟏𝟑. 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

cleo

it was 6 pm and the girls and i were sitting on the couch watching all the "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" movies. i loved teenage rom coms, they give me life.

yesterday was when louis and i confessed our feelings for each other. it felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. i've been doing a whole lot better than i was the past two weeks.

millie threw a piece of popcorn at me releasing me from my deep thought.

"cleo, tell us what happened with louis yesterday" millie said, grabbing the blanket from the ground and covering it over her.

"nope. it's- it's just something for louis and i to know" i grinned as i looked down into the bowl of popcorn on my lap.

"awww that's so cute, but spill" sofia said her expression changing from a friendly smile to a serious face.

"fine, fine. huddle around children" they all scooted towards me as i told them what happened.

"so he ran to you? that's so romantic" amy said looking up and smiling.

"amy, why don't you tell us about your romantic life" i said wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"what romantic life? i don't know what you're talking about"

"you can't hide it from us, amy. we know about you and josh. we see the way you guys look at each other and how you always volunteer to go with him somewhere or to help him out"

"i help everyone out! i don't like josh" she was in full denial.

"then let me go tell him to come over" i grinned and walked to the door.

"no! don't do that! please!" i was already out the door and walked the other apartment across from ours.

i knocked and pretty boy, louis opened the door. my face lit up as i saw his do the same.

"hey, what are you doing here?" his head tilted down at me since he was much taller than me.

"i was just wondering if you guys wanted to come over, we're having a kind of sleepover thing in the living room, so i just wanted to know if you guys wanted to join"

"a sleepover? as in sleeping over?" his hands went into his front pockets.

"well, yeah thanks for the dictionary definition, partridge" it was nice to know that i could still tease him, yet know that we both share the same feelings for each other.

"just come in some pajamas or something" i turned around and walked back to my apartment.

"what did you do?" amy said staring at me as i walked toward the couch.

"just know that they're coming... in their pajamas... for a sleepover"

"a sleepover?! cleo are you crazy! i can't have a sleepover with the guy i like-"

"i told you, you like him! i knew it! just act normal and it'll be fine" i looked at her and i saw panic spread over her face. i reassured her that it'll be okay and that josh is a nice person. he would never laugh or embarrass her.

moments later, there was a knock at the door. i quickly stood up and opened the door. there i saw louis and josh in their pajamas. they brought over chips and guacamole. i took the bowl and set it in the kitchen.

the boys walked over to the living room and josh sat next to amy. they are precious. i walked back into the living room and saw space next to louis. i nestled myself into his arms and he pulled me into his chest. he felt warm and safe. i never wanted to leave this position ever again.

the movie was over and i walked into the kitchen with louis to make something for dinner. i looked through the fridge and the pantry and there was absolutely nothing. that's impossible, it was all fully stocked this morning. i turned my head to louis to tell him that there's nothing here.

"already on it" he said dialing the number to get a pizza. he ordered one pepperoni, one vegetarian, and one Hawaiian pizza (without the ham). "who even likes Hawaiian pizza?"

"ehem" i faked a cough and he noticed that it was me who loved that pineapple filled pizza.

"oh hehe sorry" he leaned his back on the counter so he was facing me. he pulled me in by my hips and we were only a few inches apart. i could feel his warm breath on my face.

"you look really pretty today, well i mean you look pretty everyday, but you look especially amazing today" he said, his hands still on my hips and my hands on his shoulders.

"you're very bold today, partridge" i looked into his brown orbs and smirked. it felt nice being close to him. it felt even more amazing knowing he was my first kiss, but what are we? we've only said that we like each other and now he is holding my waist and telling me i'm pretty? what is that?

a few moments passed of us just staring into each other's eyes. we walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch next to the others. i sat down and louis rested his head on my lap. i liked playing with his fluffy brunette hair. it was quite relaxing.

we were 10 minutes into the next movie, "Call Me By Your Name". i've watched this movie countless times before and i already know it is going to be hilarious once we get to the peach scene. the doorbell rung, which startled me. louis lifted his head so i could run to the front door.

i grabbed the 3 pizzas out of the man's hands and gave him the money. walking toward the living room, i almost dropped the pizzas. amy saw that and rushed towards me to place one in her hands.

"how's it going" i whispered and nudged her left shoulder with my right.

"um, i think it's going good" she said grinning cheek to cheek. i smiled to her and we walked back into the living room.

we placed the pizza boxes onto the table and opened each one. the whole room smelled of cheesy deliciousness. we all grabbed a slice and continued to watch the movie.

and i was right, the peach scene was the funniest thing ever. we all couldn't stop laughing. sofia covered her eyes out of pure innocence. she was two years younger than us, but she still acted mature. she was way more mature than i was her age.

the night was filled with popcorn fights, pizza eating, movie watching, eye covering, and laughs. it was the best i've felt since, well forever.

everyone's eyes grew tired and they all slowly fell asleep. millie and sofia were wrapped up in a blanket together, amy and josh were sitting side by side with amy's head on josh's shoulder, and louis was now sitting up with my head on his lap.

everyone fell asleep except for louis and i. we talked and talked about all of the things we want to do after the movie. we talked about the colleges we applied to, but are now second guessing. if this movie goes well, do i even want to go to college? i know that i did this whole acting thing so i had something to put on my application, but now that i've gotten a real taste of the acting world, i just don't want to leave it. it still feels new and i know that i have a lot more to explore of it.

after not hearing louis's voice for five minutes i assumed he fell asleep. i sat up and placed my arms around him, nestling my head into his chest. then, i felt my eyes slowly drift to a state of unconsciousness.