Chapter 10: I'll Die In Furious Thunder

Looks like updates will now be moved to once every two weeks unless said otherwise.

This particular chapter will contain some rather heavy content. There will be a warning below when it starts.

. . . . .

I was making my way through the brush, back towards the village. All I remembered was that it took several days to get to my initial camping spot, and it was day four in the journey back.

I must be close, right?

I held my shotgun close, in case any threats showed themselves. Last time I talked with Rimuru, the guy said he wanted to get involved with the Orc problem, right?

I swear to god, if something happened and the entire town got bulldozed because of that I am going to wring his neck. That was assuming he wasn't dead yet, but I was pretty sure the slime was tough enough to survive these Orc guys.

I was staying away from open cover, instead opting to travel through the shadows and brush.

My thoughts were interrupted by a cool, masculine voice coming from somewhere... around me.

"You're the Automaton, am I correct?"

I stopped and looked around.

Who was that coming from?

"Your inability to locate me would've given me many opportunities to strike you down."

Someone leapt down from one of the trees. In response, I stepped into the open and held my weapons out, to show that I was visibly armed. Immediately, I took note of the sword my confronter was wielding.

"What're you doing all the way out here?" I asked.

It was one of the Ogres that I had fought alongside Rimuru a few weeks back. He looked a bit different than I remembered.

"I've been ordered to bring you back," he replied. The gray Ogre unsheathed his weapon. "By force, if necessary."

I stepped back at this sudden hostility. "Oi, if I'm going back it's on my own terms. You got that?"

"He did not explicitly state that you were allowed terms."

"'He?' Who do you mean by— "

And, just like that, the bastard appeared right next to me and swung the hilt of his weapon at my head, presumably to knock me out.

Needless to say, it did make contact with my neck. But all that accomplished was knocking me a meter to the side and pissing me off.

"Wanna fuck around? Really wanna find out?" I asked, rubbing the spot that was hit.

"Find out what?" the gray Ogre asked. His face remained emotionless, and his voice remained unwavered.

I began a light jog away. The Ogre was probably anticipating my movements and tried to intercept me.

I veered hard to the left the moment he disappeared from sight. That was the right call, as he had appeared where I would've been if I continued to go straight, his blade ready to strike.

...A blade? Yeah, I now can't doubt if he has killing intent or not.

I brought the shotgun up to my eye and leveled the front and rear sights on the gray Ogre.

"My 'fuck around' phase has ended, now you'll be 'finding out'."

I fired both shots of my double-barreled in rapid succession.