Part 1

Amy always looked forward to spending a few weeks with her sister's family. She only lived five hours away, but they didn't see each other nearly enough, so this was something she treasured each year.

------------------

"Aunt Amy's here!" The girl's voices rang in unison as they saw Amy's Jeep pull into the driveway.

The front door of the large log house swung open and two sweet little ladies appeared followed by their pregnant mom. Amy bounced down from the driver's side and enveloped each of them in a hug. "Hi Sarah!" Sarah was six and a ball of extroverted energy. Ashley was decidedly quieter and introverted. Amy paused as Ashley made her way over and wrapped her arms around her aunt. "Hi sweet girl." Amy dropped a kiss on the eight year old's head.

"Alright ladies, it's sister time." Deb, Amy's sister made her way over and wrapped her arms around her sister. "Hi." Deb's long hair was pulled up into a ponytail and she looked like she was dressed for a relaxed day at home.

"How's this one?" Amy asked, placing her hands on her sister's belly. Deb leaned back, rubbing a sore spot on her back. "He's hanging in there." She laughed. "Hard to believe I'm going to have a boy." "I know, in a few months I get a nephew!" Amy exclaimed, thrusting both arms in the air. "Yay!"

"Alright, who's ready to help carry presents in?" Both girls ran to the tailgate of the Jeep and helped Amy unload the goodies. It took four trips, but eventually everything was unloaded and Amy was ready to crash.

One of her favorite parts of spending this time with family was getting to sleep upstairs with the girls. The house had a loft space and the three always camped out in there when Amy came to visit.

Amy switched gears into relaxed, non work mode and was ready for days of baking, playing, reading, caroling, chilling, movie watching, game playing and just being with family.

Adam reached over his girls, giving Amy a sweet hug and welcoming her for the next few weeks. Amy was so grateful she had a brother-in-law she liked and vice versa. They had a sweet brother/sister relationship and it was exactly what Amy needed after the last year of ups and downs on the dating scene.

They all caught up over dinner.

One day the girls begged to go sledding and Amy agreed to take them. It was on that hill where she met Kevin, a striking, late thirties man who was there with his nephew and niece. As the two watched their respective families they talked and swapped tales of their visits.

Kevin seemed nice, but she wasn't sure she'd ever get to know him better than an acquaintance.

Amy had been in town for a week when her entire world changed...