acknowledgements

(if you liked lighthouse nights, please check out the sequel, fallout dreams!)

i was born with ambition. however, any creative aptitude i may possess was cultivated by friends, acquaintances and family members; first and foremost, my parents. three novels, four screenplays, a dozen short films and four years of college; all of my work is a direct result of their encouragement, faith, patience, and financial assistance. to mom and dad, thank you.

when i'm not working at home, i'm stealing my girlfriend's desk and food. i'll never forget that snowbound week with sixteen-hour writing sessions; we watched the shining and realized i was becoming jack torrance in both mindset and manner. thank you, allison perkins, for weathering my crazy, inspiring my stories, editing my work, defending my dreams, and loving me regardless. to infinity and beyond.

whenever i structure my stories, there's an invisible "ideal reader" watching my every move. his name is richard vialet. he lives a million miles away, but his influence on my work is tremendous. when lighthouse nights was a potential movie, we spent weeks trapped in chipotle discussing the minutia of the script. dick via-lay; a great friend, and a badass cinematographer.

special thanks to brennan heldt for his devotion to the failed film version of lighthouse nights; to kim perkins for her visible excitement when discussing my books; to grandma donna for reading them despite the dirty words; to shellie fleming for revealing my own sentimental tendencies; and to kate johnson for her honest feedback.

thank you to everyone who purchased the self-published version of this novel. for those of us struggling in creative fields, your support is our lifeblood.

finally, i'd like to give a shout-out to my wattpad.com fans to show my gratitude for their constant encouragement and support. if it wasn't for these readers, i'd be serving fries at chick-fil-a.

BretonJanes (Breton Janes)

MyLifeInBlackWhite (Julie)

Tori_Lynn (Victoria Woronoff)

nagasakigirl (Pheonix)

Thingstosay (Tess Lydon)

XxDrakeGoesGagaxX (Aqua Pia)

RainbowDashie (Natalie House)

afreen17

KJColton

ANNEnonymous (Anne Pablo)

WhoShotKennedi (Kennedi Bates)

HuggingFeet (Emmy Chen)