Chapter Three

Chapter Three

“Oh my god…” Mina breathed out softly, her eyes shining almost as brilliantly as the seascape before them.

Lynn watched her sister with a grin. She knew this landscape by heart now; she had seen it over and over again.

But this was the first time she had actually been there, as far as she knew.

“Gran would have loved this.” Lynn smiled; she hadn’t realized that she had spoken out loud until a warm breeze drifted over her.

Be careful…

Always the same voice; so hauntingly familiar, and at the same time, alien.

Lynn couldn’t place it, but she knew the voice. She just didn’t know how. Her earliest memory was when she was five, feeling as if she had just met, not only her grandmother, but her mother as well.

Why is this place so familiar, yet when we lived in Prince Rupert… it was all so new? She sighed, walking down towards the sandy shore.

She stopped, nodded and turned back to the house that was now her and Mina’s. A swim sounds good right now.

She never got to suggest it as she walked into the spacious living room, intent on finding her swim gear.

Mina grinned and pointed to their cupboards, “You and I need food.”

Lynn didn’t even get to speak as Mina dragged her out of the house, to the car that they had sent with their clothes, a Dodge Ram truck, and got in.

“Tell me again how exactly it is that you don’t gain weight?” Lynn spoke as she maneuvered her truck onto the road, barely making note of how deserted the highway was for a Saturday morning.

“Same way as you, I work it off.” Mina grinned as she watched the passing scenery.

Even Lynn had to admit it was a nice surprise being in Korea. Everything was so fresh, sparkling with a beauty that never seemed to fade.

Beauty that had remained eternal; even throughout the war ravaged past.

“But you never do anything,” Lynn pointed out, finally giving a response to Mina’s words as she drove.

The drive took fifteen minutes to get from their house to town. All the way, the beach, the water, and the only island visible to them haunted Lynn. The familiarity of it was uncomfortable yet exhilarating.

“Here we are.” They had reached the market on the outskirts of the town, the closest one to their new home.

Lynn parked the truck and got out, heading toward the store, Mina walking alongside her, grinning at the prospect of food. “Wonder if they have peanut butter?”

“Wouldn’t doubt it, they have everything else.” Lynn went straight for the coffee machine, reminding herself to pick up a can of coffee for the house as she studied the flavors. She decided on just plain coffee she had to add cream and sugar to herself.

Turning around, she raised a brow. Mina already had a cart full of the stuff she wanted. It was all junk food.

“No.”

“Aw, come on. Not like this stuff will kill me anytime soon, besides, I work off the calories and what not. It never stays in my system long.” Mina gave a big smile, not even moving to put anything back.

“At least get something that’s actually worth calling food,” Lynn rolled her eyes as she spoke, placing a lid and sleeve on her coffee cup.

She sighed, letting her thoughts wander to business now as she moved aisle to aisle. There has to be seven members, and there are only two left; me and Mina.