✨FIVE✨

"Why am I upset?" Ava shouted incredulously at her ex who shifted slightly as he took a swig from his drink.

"You're entirely over reacting Ava, I did it to protect you." Sebastian argued as the woman shook her head in anger.

"No! you did it for you! like everything always is, it's about you Sebastian." She snapped quietly as she set a sleeping Tabitha in her car seat.

"I didn't do anything but set something that was already going to happen into motion Ava, I didn't tell him to ignore you for 3 months, that was all him, remember that. He's not good enough for you." Sebastian sighed as she shut the door.

"And who is? you? you're insane Sebastian, just when I thought maybe we could be friends-" Ava said

"I don't want to be friends Ava! I want my life back! I want my Fiance and my daughter, my family back!" He exclaimed causing Ava to frown immediately.

"You don't get to have me back Sebastian, after everything you've done- if you weren't Tabitha's father-" She exclaimed in a hushed tone as she tried not to wake her slumbering toddler up.

"If you weren't her father, we'd be nothing Sebastian." She finished before climbing in her car and driving away.

.

.

.

THE NIGHT BEFORE 

Owen Joyner: call accepted

"I'm surprised you answered." He said sincerely as Ava answered.

"Me too honestly." Ava sighed as she combed her hands over her hair anxiously.

"Ava-I-" he started.

"Owen, I know what you said and I believe that but that still doesn't change the fact-" She began

"I gave up on us, I know I'm a coward and I hurt you but please Ava if you could just give me another chance- I promise-" Owen rambled as the brunette's heart ached 

"I'm tired of giving people mulitple chances Owen! I don't know if I can give you another chance to hurt me again! I am so tired of having to forgive men who treat me like I am disposable! maybe it's my fault, I let things move too fast and we weren't ready for that-"

"No! We didn't move too fast Ava, I was ready and I am, I just let some asshole get into my head and I got lost in my own insecurities-" He said sadly

"Then you tell me about your insecurities and we work through them, that's a relationship Owen, not making promises and breaking them." She said quietly.

"So you're saying I really ruined it? I ruined us?" Owen said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I don't know Owen, it took you 3 months to decide to fight for me, surely I deserve a few days to process-" She said defeatedly as she wanted nothing more than to run back into his arms but words couldn't change where the both of them were, and how easily he had given up on them.

"It's getting really late Owen, I- I've got an early shoot in the morning, I should get some sleep." She said finally as the blonde man's face dropped.

"I-Okay, I know I messed up Ava, but you need to know something I didn't get to say-"

"I love you." 

"Why couldn't you have said that to me before?" She asked as her eyes started welling in tears, her lids blinking rapidly before she quickly hung up and began to sob.

A/N:

SO WHAT WAS THAT GUYS

DON'T KILL ME