Cafe Dates

(Y/N) was wiping the make up off of her face, well, trying to. She used a cloth to try get it off, since the boys didn't buy any make up wipes. She dabbed at her skin, pouting slightly. 

Kenma sat with Kuroo, watching through the footage. He couldn't help but smile softly. "She's good at it, don't you think?" Kuroo smirked. 

"At what?"

"Being on camera."

"Yeah, I guess." Kenma played with the bottom of his hoodie. He could smell her on it, which made him smile softly to himself. Kuroo only grinned to his friend. 

"How long are you going to keep it up for?"

"What?"

"The fake dating? Or are you going to actually ask her out?"

"I don't know..." Kenma picked at his nails "I was thinking of taking her out for coffee.."

Kuroo rose a brow at him. "Kenma, leaving the house? Wow, I didn't know you could do that" He laughed. Kenma threw a cushion at Kuroo, who continued to laugh at him. 

"Are we done here for the day?" (Y/N) walked from the bathroom to the lounge. Her hair up in a messy bun. Kenma stared at her in awe. 

"Uh yeah.. We're done filming..." Kenma looked down. "I was wondering if you wanted to get a coffee though?"

(Y/N) studied him, hesitant "sure. Sounds good." She offered a soft smile. Kenma nodded, getting up quickly. He stumbled slightly as he grabbed his car keys. Kuroo laughed at his friend. 

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) studied over Kenma, who only nodded. 

"Yeah. Let's go." Kenma opened the door for her. She smiled widely before she walked out, Kuroo giving Kenma a thumbs up. 

~ ~ ~ ~

(Y/N) and Kenma sat inside a cafe, quietly sipping on coffee. It was a comfortable silence, but it felt a little awkward. Kenma sat there, trying to figure out how to start a proper conversation. "So... Do you play games in your free time?"

(Y/N) smiled softly "No not really. But it's been fun playing these games with you. Although, I'm really bad at it."

"You are." Kenma smiled slightly at her, staring at his coffee. The silence settled again, but it was more comfortable this time. 

"This gives me a video idea..." (Y/N) looked around, Kenma rose a brow slightly. "Have you gone to a cat cafe?"

"A cat cafe?"

"Yeah, you have a coffee and play with the cats that live in the cafe." (Y/N) smiled softly "it could be a fun vlog."

Kenma was hesitant "did you want to do a vlog at a cat cafe?"

"Right now?" He shrugged slightly. 

"If you want. Maybe tomorrow. We did film a bit today." (Y/N) nodded in agreement, sipping on her coffee. Kenma thought to himself. 

"What do you do?"

(Y/N) studied him for a moment before answering "it's really boring... I'm studying for finance..." Kenma stared at her, not expecting that. 

"Why?" He didn't mean for it to come out as judgemental as it did. 

"I like math." She pushed her hair behind her hair. "It's strange, I know. But it's a universal thing. It's the same everywhere... Something about it just.. it's calming."

Kenma only nodded, looking to his coffee. "That's... really cool." (Y/N) smiled softly to him. 

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"My ex used to think it was stupid."

"Your ex?"

(Y/N) nodded slightly. "We broke up 3 months ago though..." 

"I'm sorry to hear that." Kenma's voice felt a bit cold. 

"No, it's for the best." She offered a slight smile. "I haven't actually thought about him since we've met.." Kenma had gone silent, listening to her speak as he sipped his coffee. "Thank you Kenma. Even though we're fake dating..."

Kenma was about to say something before he was interrupted. "Are you Pudding cup?" A random girl asked. Kenma only nodded, studying them. "I'm a huge fan! Can we have a photo together?"

"Sure..." Kenma was awkward, allowing the girl to take a selfie with him. He did his best smile, although it was awkward and you could see his exhaustion. The girl smiled widely at the photo before they looked to (Y/N). Her eyes widened. "I'm so sorry!" 

"It's okay, we were about to leave actually." (Y/N) smiled softly, looking to Kenma who looked relieved. They said goodbye to the fangirl before they left. (Y/N) wrapped her arm around Kenma's as they walked. 

"Thanks.." He mumbled. 

"It's fine. You looked uncomfortable." She offered a smile, to which he softly blushed. "I should probably head home though..."

"Alright, well." Kenma was hesitant "text me when you get home?"

(Y/N) nodded, smiling softly as she said goodbye. Kenma watched as she walked away, his heart pounding inside of his chest. 

~ ~ ~ ~