06-Marraige

—One Month Later—

Today is the day I am getting married, my mother always says marriage is the beginning of a family and is a lifelong commitment and I am not sure I am ready for this commitment yet I am dolled up here.

Yes I am hell nervous and super stressed out and anxious, I am already sitting on the couch wearing a red long heavy stoned velvet lehenga, my head is covered with a veil as a mark of respect, ranging from covering the face only partially to falling as far back as the shoulders.

Adeline is staring at me in awe from the time she entered the room, Aayath is giving me the last touch up not listening to any of my words when I said her to stop and not to apply much makeup because I don't like heavy makeup.

"Babe!!" I narrow my eyeballs to look at my friends who is whipping her invisible tears and I roll my eyes seeing her over-dramatic face

"Hey! Don't roll your eyes on me" she says crossing her arms but I look at her blankly an annoying sigh escapes her lips and she crouches down to look at me, I bite inner cheek when I see her eyes softening behind the playful look she is putting up— ya Allah she for sure will make me cry, this girl.

"Are you ready for this marriage? Just so you know I have prepared a runaway car just outside the building" I laugh at the girl's words who throws me a wink "You just have to tell me if that guy annoys you, I am gonna punch him up till he apologises with his hands on his ears" my lips pulls out in a pout to not cry at her sweetness.

I quickly hug her with a bright smile still her words running in my mind and unknowing a tear drop from my eyes.

"Hey you idiot don't cry, you will look like a zombie in your marriage with Kajal smudge all over your eyes, you don't want to scare that Zain guy right?" she playfully speaks while wiping my tears "It's waterproof," I said chuckling at her.

"Oh my, being intelligent huh? I love you so damn much don't forget I am your first love" I remember the way she laughed when I said her my relatives thought her as my boyfriend when they saw the caller ID saved as my love, she didn't stop teasing me telling me that she is my boyfriend and I shouldn't be marrying Zain but her because she won't be able to live without me.

"Yeah yeah, you are my first love my line," I said pinching her cheeks before hugging her tightly, I am lucky to have her, not everybody gets a friend like her and if they do never let them go because they are too precious.

When A knock was heard we turn towards the door and there stood mamma, my mother in law, she is wearing a peach colour saree and it is looking amazingly beautiful on her with that big smile and light makeup she looks ethereal.

"Is my daughter in law ready to accept my son's hand?" I chuckled but nod shyly, she smiles at me before patting my head.

"Masha Allah you look beautiful" she compliment: me before turning towards Adeline.

"Darling I am sending Inaya please bring Jannat on stage okay?" Adeline nods excitedly for being the bridesmaid and Mamma give her a soft smile before leaving us two alone.

"You know you are lucky" She speaks with a pout "and why is that?" I raise my eyebrow "Girl I have never seen a mother in law that is so sweet, like seriously she is just as sweet as a candy" I can agree with that.