~Chapter 1~

So there is this. Fast-ish update is fast-ish.

Chapter 1:  Still Breathing

Time's racing (Please slow down)
I got to find my way out
I'm hopeless (But hoping)
My lungs won't fail me now
'Cause I'm still breathing

It's hard to be a man
But I'm doing all I can
I'm ready to give this all I have
I'm ready to be amazed
'Cause I'm standing here alone
Trying to make this life my own
And nothing will keep this heart from beating
I'm still breathing

S-3 bounced his knee nervously as he sat on the couch. Ellie should have received the signal by now, right? If she was alive... He shook his head. He couldn't think like that. There was still a chance. S-1 was the only one missing so far besides Ellie and a few stragglers who S-3 knew were nearby, they were just nervous about going to a new place and not lost.  "She should be here by now.." S-3 got up from the couch and started pacing. "She can't be dead... she just can't." He sighed as he kept pacing. He pacing began to get repetitive as he paced around the perimeter of the Davenport Mansion's kitchen and living room. 

"Are you alright?" One of the other former soldiers, S-13 asked S-3. He was holding S-27 in his arms. "Ellie still isn't here yet." S-3 told him worriedly. "Maybe she wasn't in range to get your signal somehow?" S-13 suggested, shrugging. S-3 nods, sending out another signal. He was still worried. I mean, she can geo-leap. We all can. S-3 sat down on the couch, watching the door.

Even though he was worried, S-3 must have falling asleep because he woke up to a faint, weak knock on the door. Thank you Super Hearing. He rushed to the door and opened it. "Ellie!" He yelled, glad that she wasn't dead. "S-3.." She whispered weakly before collapsing. S-3's eyes widened as he caught Ellie. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" He panicked. "Ellie, please, please be ok." S-3 pleaded, his dark brown eyes softening. He scooped Ellie up in his arms, running to the lab. "Mr. Davenport! Mr. Douglas!" S-3 yelled frantically. 

"S-3! What happened?" Donald asks. "Ellie came back. But she passed out." Douglas nodded. He gingerly took her and put her in Adam's capsule. He pressed some buttons on the console. S-3 watched nervously. "Is she ok?" He asked, biting his lip. "She has internal bleeding. But the capsule will help heal her better." Douglas told him. "Otherwise, I can go in and cauterize where she is bleed. Cauterize means burning the veins to seal them." He explained, taking Ellie out of the capsule. He took her to the hospital part of the lab. S-3 followed him like a dog, watching a he set Ellie down on the hospital bed and hooking her up to many machines and wires, including an iv. "I'll check on her in half an hour. Come get me if anything happens." Douglas instructed S-3. "I can stay with her?" He asked skeptically. "Of course." Douglas answered, going back to the main lab.

S-3 took one of Ellie's hands. "Ellie. I love you so much. You can't leave me like this." He sighed, a few of his tears falling on Ellie's face. She was still, almost like a statue.  But for now, she was still alive.

I'll admit I was wrong about everything
Cause I'm high and I don't wanna come down
All the fun that we had on your mothers couch, 
I don't even wanna think about

I'm not strong enough for the both of us
What was I supposed to do
You know I love you
Whoa-oh

Please just stay
Stay

 Wow. That took so long to write because I'm so fucking busy. And I'm still behind on typing things up. Like FUCK.

Regardless, I hope y'all like this chapter and have a good day/night.

Xoxo,

Breana.