Chapter two. Room 114 (Maeve)

Pic of Ursula ------------------->>>>

Recap:

"Here we are," my mom says as she stops. I freeze in my seat. I know it seems childish but I'm really, really scared. I cannot do this. Gosh, I'm so socially awkward it's frightening. Every one's going to think I'm a loser.

"Come on sweetie, there's nothing to be afraid of." My mom hugs me and I slowly get out.

Yeah, maybe she's right. High school can't be that bad, I think and walk up to the door. Little did I know I was a bout to enter my own living hell.

Walking into the school I feel all eyes on me and I want to crawl into a hole. I'm happy that the office is not to far from the entrance and I don't have to suffer for very long. I get there quickly and ask the secretary for my locker combination and schedule. She smiles at me kindly and passes me my information.

"Don't worry, it's a great school," she says as I take reach over for the papers. I guess my nervousness is very obvious. I smile and quietly say thanks. As I walk away from the kind lady, I take a look at my schedule. Ugh, I have math first. I sigh. Who wants to have math as their first period! Well I mean if you count aside the nerds and... As I mumble to myself in my head the bell rings and I'm left alone in the hallway. Great, now how will I find my way? I look around me for any stray students but find none. I do notice though, that the classroom doors have numbers. I look at the piece of paper in my hands and also find numbers. Well, that's one way.

 Math. Mr. Jones, room 114.

 I set out to find room 114 and after walking up a dozen stairs, I find it. The class has already started and Mr. Jones is in front, writing on the board. I take a deep breath and force my hands to knock. Only seconds Mr. Jones opens the door. He looks confused first but then smiles.

"Are you Maeve?" He asks and I see the students turn behind him. I slowly nod.

"Great," he says happily." I was wondering where you were. Come on in."

He holds the door out for me and I walk in. He shuts the door and makes his way in front.

"Class we have a new student joining us. Her name's Maeve Scott." He introduces me. "Want to tell us anything about yourself, Maeve?" I look at his smiling face then look at my shoes.

"Um, well I-I like to read." I manage to say and it seems to please Mr. Jones.

"That's good, reading is essential if you want to make it in the world, right?" I nod my head and he gives me a math book. He then tells me to sit beside Ursula. A girl raises her hand and I walk over without looking anyone in the eyes. As I sit, I sneak a look at my neighbour. She has black hair that's very long and has bangs, emo style. Ursula's really pretty and thin and has flawless make up. I wonder if she's popular. I hadn't notices I spaced out, so when the bell rang I jumped slightly. Every one ran out and I quickly picked up my bag. I didn't want to drag it all day long so I decided to find my locker.

5 minutes later I'm in front of science class, while the teacher introduces me. This is going to be a long day.

-------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you liked it!

Comment and i'll upload faster :)