Meeting Michael

This is dedicated to @batsandsupes Your story is amazing!

~
~

This had to be the worst morning of my life. I woke up and OF COURSE my period started. I was completely unprepared, with one tampon left on the box under my bathroom sink.

I threw my tangled brown hair into a bun, put on sweatpants and a hoodie then ran out the door. Luckily my beaten up black Grand AM started on the first try.

The drive to the little store down the street was easy and took minutes. I had it all planned in my head, I would run in and avoid eye contact with any other humans. If I was lucky I wouldn't run into any of my friends.

I quickly walked through the door and straight to the isle I needed to go to. So far so good. After picking out what I needed I without looking turned to head to the checkout counter. Unfortunately when I turned I slammed into a body and the box of tampons I was carrying fell out of my hands.

The person let out a grunt. I was so embarrassed. I didn't even look at the person. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going"I muttered as I leaned down to pick up the box.

He was leaning down with me, hand reaching for the box. Shit. "No it's fine, I'm so clumsy" the guy said. He had an accent and something about it was familiar.

They accented male's hand made it to the box before mine. "I-um-think these are yours"

I looked up at him, completely aware of how red my cheeks must have been. When my brown eyes met his green ones I literally wanted to drop dead. "Oh my god" was all I could say.

Michael fucking Clifford was crouched down handing me my stupid box of fucking tampons. I quickly snagged the box from him and stood up straight. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god" I kept mumbling to myself.

"Hey" he said "It's alright. They're just tampons"

He had a SnapBack on with pieces of red hair poking out the sides. I could feel my thick hair falling out of my bun and I was way too aware of how I looked. "You're-oh god-I'm so embarrassed oh my god" I said

He raised an eyebrow "Why? Don't all girls have periods?"

"Yes" I said "but you're you and I just dropped my tampons in front of you and oh my god"

Michael tried to fake looking confused "I'm me?"

"Oh shut up you little shit! I know who you are, Michael" I said. My hand shot up to my mouth. Why did I say that? I'm an idiot "I'm sorry"

He laughed and I wanted to crawl in a hole. "It's fine"

I nodded and to avoid further embarrassment I spun on my heel and walked away. "wait!" Michael said from behind me.

Everything in my body told me not to stop but I did it. "yeah?"

"I didn't catch your name!"

"I-I'm Casey" I mumbled

A half smile creeped up on his lips. "well Casey, do you want to hang out sometime?"

"You don't even know me" I told him

"Come on, we can just go get hot chocolate or something. I feel bad for running into you"

This was not happening. Someone please wake me up from this nightmare. "Do you want to take me for hot chocolate because you think I'm on my period?" My mouth said before I could stop it.

"No" he smiled and pulled his phone out from his pocket.

"What are you doing?"

He handed me the black iphone. It was opened to the new contact screen. "you want my number, seriously?"

"Yes, please"he puffed out his lower lip.

"Fine" I quickly typed in my number. I needed out of this situation "I have to go."

"Okay, I'll text you"he smiled again. Michael looked like a damn kitten and I looked like a cat that just got in a fight..and lost.

"Bye" I spun on my heel, checked out and drove home as fast as I could. What just fucking happened.

~
~
A/N: This I just an entry into the contest I don't plan on writing an entire story. But feel free to read my other stories :) xx