My Blue Haven - Episode # 3

My Blue Haven   -    sloanranger / VLSloan

Episode  # 3

Mila Martinez had been talking about closing her fabric shop and moving in with her son Victor and his wife for years. Most of her customers now drove 23 miles to the Wal*Mart in Brookside for their sewing supplies. Jane knew that the only thing stopping Mila was not being able to sell her building in this market

It was a real concern; Jane had listed it twice without a nibble. The building was older but the plumbing and wiring were fine, they'd had it checked when the property was listed. A surge of excitement filled Jane, Mila had one two bedroom flat above her storefront shop and another smaller one atop that she used for storage. The two bedroom would be perfect for her and Amy.

Jane was already thinking of where to place the bookshelves when Ned Butler came by the table.

“Hi, Guila. Hey, Jane.” Ned owned the town’s gas station.

“Hi, Ned. You raising the price of gas today?” Golly queried.

“Now, you girls know my prices are based on the distributor’s.” He leaned in and whispered: “Not till the end of week.”

“Right,” Golly said, "thanks." Both women nodded doubtfully.

“Got any of those brownies left, Guila?” Ned asked, as he walked over to his table.

“Two,” Golly said, and went for the coffeepot.

Jane said goodbye to her friend and waved at Ned as she left the café. She would confide in Golly later. But not now;  now she wanted to talk to Mila.  

(To be continued).