bokuaka: arranged (part 1)

A/N: Another royalty AU! Except this time it's also an arrange marriage AU, and it's Bokuto and Akaashi- sorry, Prince Koutarou and Prince Keiji- together.

- - -

"Mom, what?" the prince of the Kingdom of Fukurodani exclaimed.

"It will be beneficial to both kingdoms and the land, Koutarou," his mother went on. "I'm sure you understand. If it's because it couldn't be a woman, we're sorry, but they do not have a daughter-"

"Mom, I don't care if it's a boy," Bokuto interrupted. "I just don't get why you'd set me up with some random person from a lesser known kingdom and expect me to marry them!"

"We're not asking that you fall in love, we're asking for you to take some vows so our kingdoms can form an alliance," his father told him.

"Okay, but that's not the problem I have," Bokuto responded. "I'm eighteen. I'm not ready to get married and have that responsibility."

"Prince Akaashi Keiji has already agreed to this, Koutarou," his mother said. "We are so very close to becoming better off with another kingdom."

"Son, please accept this so we can further discuss the details with the partnering kingdom," his father said.

Bokuto wasn't happy about this. But he knew if he put up a fight, his parents would just persuade him another way. Always to get what was best for the kingdom. Their intentions were good, but they often affected the way Bokuto wanted to live. He didn't want their every decision to involve him sacrificing something.

"Fine," he gave in, holding back an annoyed groan.

- - -

Today, Prince Koutarou was meeting his future husband.

It was a little nerve-wracking. Not because he was excited to see the person he would soon be in a relationship with, but because he was afraid that the other prince's personality would clash with his, and they'd end up a disaster living together.

He was also nervous that Prince Keiji would want an actual relationship with him, instead of just an arranged marriage. He wasn't very good at relationships. Maybe he would be better at it in the future, but currently, they weren't his strong suit.

As he cleaned himself and was dressed by his assistants (in a brand new suit in which he found very nice), he couldn't help but wonder what Prince Akaashi Keiji's true personality was. He supposed he'd find out sooner rather than later, as he was now being rushed down the castle's hallway to meet the royal Akaashi family.

He was met by his mother, father and two older sisters, down the hallway as they exited their own preparation rooms. They were also dressed in formal wear, although they didn't have special new clothing like he did.

"Are you all ready?" his mother asked, smoothing down the fabric on the arm of Koutarou's suit jacket.

He inwardly rolled his eyes, "Yes."

"I can't believe we're meeting your future husband- Oh my goodness, this is so exciting!" his oldest sister, who was already married to a lovely lady, exclaimed.

"It's a wonderful occasion," his other sister, who was not currently married, agreed.

Koutarou wondered why she couldn't just marry the prince. She was single. Why had their parents chosen him?

"Alright, let us go then," the queen smiled gently.

His father gave him a sturdy pat on the shoulder and followed his wife and daughters. Koutarou sighed to himself, then followed his family.