12;- 19th chime

for the people who want the visuals ^^ though, you could imagine anything!!

chapter twelve; 19th chime
word count 2814

It was the afternoon of October 31st, 1977. Every student was engrossed in the matters of the upcoming ball that would take place on the 19th chime of the great grandfather's clock that had been ringing in the distant town of Hogsmeade since twelve that morning. Crowds of students gathered in the Gryffindor common room, many staring in disgust at the group of friends that lounged in any available seat, especially since even though the majority of them belonged to the Gryffindor house, no brave or chivalrous student could bear the idea that Badgers and Eagles were in their common room, let alone snakes. " Should we take offense?" George offered to the whispering girls that sat nearby them." I believe that all my fellow Slytherins prefer to be called Serpents than snakes. Gives us a bad rep, you know?"

"Don't listen to the mean snake, girls." Remus nodded their way, a blush quickly formed on the pale face of one of them and Adrian glared at her." George there in second year!"

"The second years in our house are bloody pieces of shit." Em muttered, her feat hanging off the arm of the chair that she shared with Giselle." Yesterday they went and cursed one of the fifth years. Got beat up, of course- and it was funny but then they go and throw some weird arse dye in my bloody shampoo and I can't get this awful purple colour out of my hair!" She flicked up a strand of her dreadlocks, sighing as she leaned her head back onto Giselle's lap.

"Well it was right on time for Halloween, give them some credit." Marlene Mckinnon added. Her blonde hair was stowed in a high bun on top of her head, though strands of hair were falling each in every way out of the less than perfect bun. She wore her school shirt but with grey joggers, stained with the cake that was currently sitting on a plate on her lap." For Halloween, I'm going as a witch."

"Put a lot of effort into that haven't you?" Sirius asked, laughing in the corner as he wrapped his arm around Sylvia, pulling her closer to him so that she could feel the vibrations of his laugh.

"Damn right I did. Have the whole witch's hat and everything, just hoping Minnie doesn't notice her hat is missing or I'm fucked."

"Aren't you supposed to be in detention now?" Lily asked, scooting closer to James who snuggled into her side." I told you not to attempt to stroke Professor Mcgongalls cat form."

"Ooh- I did that once, she got so pissed. How was I supposed to know that it was her, whole bloody Hogwarts got cats crawling left and right. Really, cats! And they don't let me bring my dog Peanut." James muttered." I miss Peanut."

"He's keeping your mum company. Poor Miss. Potter, have you wrote to her in the past week, James? When I was writing to her she said you'd gone abnormally quiet, made me laugh." Lily smiled, shaking her head soon after." That's not the point. She said it might have been about your N.E.W.T.S and that you are distracted but I know damn well Potter that you definitely have not touched a book."