Messages

The doorbell rang and Sam groaned as she dragged herself out of bed and down the stairs. The distorted figure of her dad was shown through the frosted glass of her front door. She unlocked the door and went to walk back to her room when her dad called after her.
"Samantha?" He asked
"It's Sam" she murmured under her breath, just loud enough for her dad to hear.
"You keep disappearing. Spend some time downstairs with me. You never used to be like this" he shouted after me as I continued walking up the stairs.
"I have homework, dad. School comes first remember?" I shouted back to him, my words dripping with venom. Before I could catch his reply I shut my door and put my earphones in and lay back on my bed, blocking everything out. I closed my eyes and let my mind drift. But my phone stopped me. A fb message. From Ashton. He hadn't quite left her mind for one minute.

Ashton: hey xxxxxx
Wow. 6 kisses?
Sam: hi xxxx
Ashton: Do I know you? xxxxxx
Sam: I'm in your product design class xxxxx
Ashton: oh yh I recognise you from your profile picture x you don't really talk much in class huh? xxxxx
Sam: I guess I don't xxxxxx
Ashton: you're beautiful you know xxxxxxx
Sam: thanks but I'm really not xxxx
Ashton: you are and no problem xxxxxxx
Sam: aw I'm really not ha xxxxx
Ashton: shhh you are xxxxxx
Sam: I'm.. Ugh okay thanks xxxxx
Ashton: you're too cute xxxxxx

The cutest boy in the school just called her beautiful. Wow. Sam smiled. A lot. After another ten minutes her dad called her downstairs for dinner.

Sam: I'm sorry I have to go eat xxxxx
Ashton: don't worry I need to go too lol have fun xxxxxxx
Sam: byee xxxxxx
Ashton: bye xxxxxxx

~

She brought herself to look away from the screen. Seven hours straight. Seven hours watching breaking bad and it wasn't even late yet. Sam checked her phone. No new messages. Huh he did say he needed to go too. Maybe he was waiting for her to text him first? No. She was going to wait no matter how long.

She scrolled through her Facebook feed when she saw a notification. Ashton Irwin has commented on Sams profile picture.

Beautiful xxxx

She giggled. He's pretty damn cute.