Chapter 8

As Black Glasses Ge and Chu Chu continue to scout the place, Liu Sang has been sketching a map of the place's perimeter to get the gist of the place they are staying. As well as knowing how many people are they up against. If they are those that Wu Nuwa is talking about. He sighed. His map sketching is taking longer than it should all because of distractions. Distractions, the unnecessary noise, not that he is eavesdropping like what he's been doing now. He was just making sure that their two members are safe and doing their assigned tasks. He sighed again. But, distractions, nonetheless. He already separated himself from the others just so he can finish his map, only he keeps on listening to the first pair's conversation for a while. He sighed again for the third time in a row, not that he's counting, and blew his special whistle and focus listening, again. He's been stuck in a certain area which is where their two members currently are.

Just focus, damn it. He cursed at himself and start sketching, again. As he was continuing the sketch he left, Liu Sang heard someone softly walking towards him. When he looked up, he saw Bo Sying surprised but remains smiling at him. "What are you doing here?" He asked, a bit rude to her but the other shrugged it off. "Nothing. I just want to accompany you." She said, smiling still as she took a seat beside him, not waiting for his reply. "I don't need-" Liu Sang stop himself from speaking when he saw her opening her bookmarked book and continue reading. Honestly speaking, he doesn't mind if someone accompanies him. He's always left out, even when he was young, nobody wanted to be near him. Because he's weird, they say. The people who tolerated his abilities and personality are the people he works with. But, as a friend, Wu Xie and the others, he might consider them as friends. Only, I can't take the noise. He thought.

During their journey a while ago, the noise was unbearable. Even now. Pang Zi continues exaggerated stories while Wu Xie adds or changes or whatever he's doing, the noise would escalate. Then the laughs that are too much. Not that I hate it, I just can't take it. The side effects are always the worst. But this girl. I didn't even hear her voice throughout the ride here. I can only hear her soft voice that seems to whisper in the wind is different from the actual whisper. As if she's being careful for me. Liu Sang thought pondering whether to ask her to leave or him leaving but none of them are needed. The way she reads. Her silent words leaving her lips as she reads while she turns the page softly. Her actions are soft noise and are very suitable for his ears. So, Liu Sang let her be and return to his work. Unnoticed by him, Bo Sying softly smiled at him. Not because she likes the part she's reading, but her plan on making her partner comfortable and accompanied is working as she predicted. The silence between them is very comfortable and peaceful. If anyone could see them now, they can be described as perfect in silence. The lights, the morning glow of the sitting area they were in, are in a perfect setting.

But in every moment of peaceful silence, the noise would always come through.

When Bo Sying is currently turning the page of her book, she noticed Liu Sang flinched at the exact moment that she heard Xiao Mei, calling for her. "Sying Jíe! I've been looking for you. What are you doing here?" Xiao Mei's cheerful voice suddenly barged in. Bo Sying stood up immediately and went towards her, bending down to her eye level.  "Mei Mei, I'm just reading. I wanted some quiet place to read before our turn comes." Bo Sying said softly muttered at the little girl. Xiao Mei looked at her Sying Jíe confused by her soft voice. No one is sleeping in the area they were in so why is Sying Jíe speaking softly? Xiao Mei thought but when she noticed Liu Sang behind them, smiling awkwardly at her, she then understood. The little girl looked at him and said, "I'm sorry Liu Sang Ge." then looked back at Bo Sying and continue speaking softly, still cheerful. "Lunch will be ready in a few minutes. I'll just call both of you once it's ready." Xiao Mei said then looking at the two of them and then giggled as she leaves, making the two adults confused. Bo Sying stands up and looked back at Liu Sang and both smiled at the little girl's antics.

"Does it still hurts?" Bo Sying asks softly cautious in her tone of voice. Liu Sang studied her carefully. In just a few minutes, he noticed her being careful around him. Her tone of voice, her steps, all concerns towards him and him alone. Now, she's asking him if his ears are okay. Why is she like this to me? He asked himself but let it slide for now and answer her, "It's fine. The ringing was not that strong. I'm already used to her voice anyway. Thanks for asking." She smiled back at him and went back to her seat beside him.

There goes her heart again, erratic, just like this morning. Liu Sang suddenly remembered something. When Bo Sying was about to continue reading, she noticed his sketch is already done. She was about to ask him for a look when he speaks up getting her nervous. "Your pulse and breathing this morning are more erratic than a minute ago. You saw a vision." Bo Sying sighed and smiled at him and answered. "Yes, I did." "You haven't told them anything." "Yes." "So, it's not dangerous. Why feel terrified?" "It will be dangerous." "Then why haven't you told anything?" "It hasn't happened yet." "What?" She sighed again as she put her bookmark on the page she left off and looked back at Liu Sang again, who looked more confused and surprised by her answer. Bo Sying already expects a lot of questions from the others and today would be the time to give him his answers that she's willing to share, just like in my vision. She thought as he continued asking. "If it's dangerous, why not tell? Just like in Wu Manor, you immediately told Bai Hao Tian about it." "Because I saw myself doing it at that exact moment." "What makes it different now?" "My visions can change depending on what is going on now. It constantly changes. The moment I try to stop it or change it, another vision will replace it and then again if I try to change it again. It's an unending cycle. I tried it already. All possible solutions I can think of, it's still constantly changing." "So, at Wu Manor, you already saw it before? Before that day?" "Yes."

Liu Sang looked at her, not understanding still about her abilities. Does that mean, something will happen shortly? He thought when he hears a sigh, snapping him out of his reverie. Then he saw her leaving, still soft in her steps as she walks away. "You don't have to believe in my abilities. It's not like I have control over it. All I ask is you keep on listening. Please."

He nodded and watched her leave, carefully.