Part VII- Practice- Aaron

I am truly, truly sorry I havent posted in like FOREVER but I had a theatre production, and I had tons of homework, and I'm planning and christmas shopping for people and I also had to pee a lot over the past two weeks so SHUSH. NO TEARS.

Also a had a really frikin long chapter reavealing some awesome stuff about  shawn but Wattpad STOLE IT FROM ME SO DAMN YOUUUUU.

Anyways this is by far one of my SHORTEST  weirder chapters (NOT LONG ENOUGH TO BE A CHAPPIE REALLY) adn I'm tired and bored. Also I got to meet Micky this sunday so WHOOOHOOOOO. Love you guys. Remember- No Tears. 

"And three two one hip, hip, arms, SHARPER ARMS down and twist, ready two three TOSS and catch- catch...BE CAREFUL AND CATCH HER BEFORE SHE-" 

Oh shit. Athena really was going to fall, and everyone else was just staring at her blankly, waiting for someone to move. Without thinking, I step forward and scream wordlessly hoping for someone else to help before I feel a winding blow. I'm on the grass in maroon and yellow track pants and a white shirt. (yeah, yeah. Our school colours are hideous.) All this basically happened in less then five seconds. People are coming to their senses and hurrying over, not that it matters. If I'm paralyzed, I'm paralyzed. What do they think they can do about it? Should've thought of what might happen before she landed on me? Who do you guys think you are? I could be dead, or worse! Maybe my spine is destroyed and I'll never move again-

"Calm down." I hear Athena groan on the grass beside me. "Obviously you're okay because you're screaming like my dad." 

...Did I say all that stuff out loud? Oops. 

"Yeah, yeah..I'm okay." Athena and I drag our selves to our feet. I hear Ms. Glinde bark "Walk it off, walk it off," in her twangy accent. I step forward, and stumble my way around the trees. Athena plods beside me. First we walk in silence until she finally says,

"So...I met a guy on the bus today,"

I grunt noncommittedly.

"He says he knew you? His name was Shawn." I look up.

"Yeah, he's great. He's my best friend," I tell her.

"Oh yeah? He's kinda cute." 

"Umm...never thought of it like that but okay?"

"Yeah. Does he have a girlfriend?" 

Why would she ask that? 

"No, never has, actually." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. Suprising, right? He seems like sutch a ladies man." 

"Yeah, definately. He knows how to impress a girl." 

"That he does." Wait. No way...Athena and Shawn?...This is not happening...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I'm home, I run up the stairs two at a time, yanking the phone off the receiver.  Shawn is on my speed dial, naturally.

"Meat." I am greeted is the usual way. 

"Damn you man. Already?"

"Hey, come on! That's no fair! You don't even know what happened! ....Unless Athena told you...?"

"....She didn't." I reluctantly mumble. I hear Shawn clear his throat, and I prepare for a horrible story on how Shawn stole the girl I liked. 

"We met on the bus. We talked for forty minutes. She likes me, I can tell. We ain't dating or anything." 

I waited for more. None came. "What, that's it? No make out session? No surprise romantic flowers?"

"Nope," he confirms. 

We talk some more. He hadn't made any moves on her. They had only met one and there was no extraordinary background story. Things were fishy, but I was happy enough Athena was still available. I tell Shawn how I had been accepted onto the cheerleading team, and how I was attending practices as a trial until the football list came out. He laughs his ass off at that but he sounds relieved that it wasn't for sure I was going to be squashed on the feild playing ball. 

"Hey, meat, I just remembered! There's a huge ass party going on at Brittney Ryder's house next Friday," Shawn reports to me. "Remember her? Tall, almost white blonde hair? Yeah, all the people from our old middle school are going. You should come. And bring some of the other people from your school. Brit's going all out so she wants tons of people there." 

"Really? Great! Maybe I should ask Athena?" I wonder.

"Hey, I won't complain if she conviniently shows up." It's like I can hear him wink from the other side of the phone.