X. Abominations

She wasn't sure which was louder, her screams or the screams around her as they went flying down into a pit, barreling against the sides of the hole before coming to a stop. Athena was grateful that she had been the last to land, the Dwarves softening her fall as she collapsed into what appeared to be a cage with no door. Spiked iron tendrils encased the company and she couldn't help but wince at the thought of what could have happened if either of them had fallen just a little further away.

A horde of Goblins descended upon the company within seconds, shrill cries leaving them as their hands grasped onto the writhing Dwarves and woman. She fought back against their captors, trying to hit and kick at anything that touched her. Struggling against the hands that had grabbed her arms she was dragged away with the others, no amount of fighting could deny the fact that they were heavily outnumbered and the Goblins had left no room for them to draw their weapons. Her bow and quiver were snatched from her back, much to her dismay, and her sword was pulled from its scabbard.

"Give that back!" She yelled, trying to reach her weapons but no amount of kicking or screaming was helping her get any closer to the Goblin who had taken her belongings, her just being dragged along continuously with the others.

They were led through the Goblins' dwelling, across rickety bridges that looked like they could snap at any moment but somehow remained solid and able to carry the extra weight that the captives brought. The passages soon opened up into a spacious and well lit opening, if it weren't for them being held prisoner she may have decided to admire what was around her. Her pupils darted around in confusion when a tune filled the air around them, it was harsh and metallic and it did not please her ears in the slightest.

They were pushed to stand before a Goblin larger than the others in both height and width, his grotesque feet using the smaller ones as a footrest while he perched atop his disordered throne as they approached. As if the tune wasn't bad enough, he began a song to accompany it, his voice was enough to make her want to rip her eardrums away so she wouldn't have to hear it continue.

"Clap, snap, the black crack. Grip, grab, pinch, and nab. Batter and beat. Make 'em stammer and squeak! Pound pound, far underground. Down, down, down in Goblin Town," what she assumed to be the king bellowed out, less singing and more yelling the words.

As she listened to the lyrics she looked around at the cavernous location around her. It looked more like a mine than a town.

"You can yammer and yelp. But there ain't no help. Pound pound, far underground. Down, down, down in Goblin Town." He finally finished the number, her refusing to pay attention to the lyrics that were performed between the start and the end as she was too busy flinching away from the goblins that chorused some of the lyrics, as well as ducking underneath the king's skull mace when he decided it was a good idea to spin around.

"Catchy, isn't it?" He asked them, "it's one of my own compositions."

'That's not the word I would use' she thought to herself as she stared at their host with a humourless expression that matched those around her.

"That's not a song, that's an abomination!" Balin cried out which only angered the Goblins that roared out in rage at the insult he had offered.

"Abominations, mutations, deviations, that's all you're gonna find down here," responded the Goblin King, taking little to no offence at the older Dwarf's words.

The Goblins that had previously taken their weapons threw them to the floor before the king, him rising from his chair and stepping towards the company. Nausea bubbled in her throat each time his dangling chin swung to the side. The Orcs were more horrific in nature, but by looks the Goblins out dimmed everything else that resided in Middle Earth.