Chapter 1: Whispers of the Prophecy [Edited]

Hiya! I had taken this story down because I really needed to do edits on it and fix some plot holes. I am going to start publishing the chapters again though. Thank you for anyone that has stuck with me through this! :D

Chapter 1: Whispers of the Prophecy

In the dark of night fall, the cloaked young woman hastened across the pavement. Only porch lights from passing houses lit Paige's pathway as she hurried to reach her destination. The woman stopped in front of a house covered in shadows. The one story building looked run down with its light blue paint peeling and vines growing up it with fervor. Curtains over the windows hid any possible light that could have illuminated the modest home. Paige got an odd, horrible feeling. She needed to be at this house. Paige shuddered as she knocked on the door.

A dark haired man answered the door. Carson Blair looked somber and tired. He saw Paige and smiled, relieved. Carson ushered Paige inside quickly and paused a moment to look out side. The shadows on the street seemed abnormally human-like and Carson paled, before closing the door and bolting it. Carson led Paige to the living room where his wife was laying on the floor in pain. Amanda Blair had been in labor for the past 9 hours.

"Danget guys. I am sorry it took me so long to get here. I had to make sure Laura was resting." Paige said before standing before Amanda. Carson nodded in understanding and patted her shoulder. Amanda groaned and clutched her stomach in pain. Paige immediately crouched down in front of her and whispered reassuring words.

"Do you have anything to take away the pain, Paige?" Carson murmured. Paige nodded silently and handed Carson a little bag of herbs.

"Just make her this tea and put in some of that magnolia bark I gave you. It will calm her down." Carson practically flew from the room in his hurry to help his wife. Paige began petting her hair. Amanda whispered a thank you.

Twenty minutes later the Blair child was born.

Paige held the pale baby girl in her arms. The girl was small and had raven black hair. Her wide, hazel eyes stared back at Paige curiously. She already seemed to be taking in her surroundings. The newborn wasn't even crying. The adults all stared at each other in awe. Carson gave a mug of tea to Amanda and rubbed her back.

"What will you name her, Amanda?" Paige asked while giving the girl to her mother. Amanda smiled at her husband and then spoke.

"Her name is Christine Skylar Blair. Isn't she so beautiful?" Paige grinned and nodded but while looking at the baby her smile faded. She closed her eyes and focused, relaxing her body and becoming one with the Earth and Heavens. When Paige opened her eyes, everyone was glowing in a different light. Carson was glowing in a light green light. Amanda's light was identical to his in shade and brightness, which signified that they were soul mates. In Amanda's arms, Christine was glowing in an almost blinding silvery light. Paige gasped and blinked, making the glows go away.

"Your baby has an extremely powerful aura. The brightest that I have ever seen. She will be a strong one but different. I am just not sure how..." Without warning, Paige gasped and fell to her knees, shaking.

"Hair dark as night and skin paler than snow,

Beautiful eyes that seem to know,

When reaching adulthood the girl will have changed.

Power to control all make her life estranged.

She must choose between two lives.

Only one heir survives,

Prince of light or prince of darkness,

Destined to change a world regardless.

Ruling fair or in fear,

The girl decides when all is clear.

But be careful, be warned,

If not chosen correctly, our world be scorned.

God's warriors will descend,

And in those who fail to defend,

The Lord's fallen loves will find,

A desperate friend and foe aligned.

Paige then fell forward and landed on her hands and knees, breathing heavily. Sweat covered Paige's face and saturated her clothes. Amanda and Carson stared at the woman as if she had given them a death sentence. Paige had ancestors that were prophets. She had told the Blairs when she first befriended them. A Prophecy had not been announced since the Black Death was foretold. Having one declared after all this time meant something paramount was in the future. They did not want their daughter to be a part of that. Amanda cuddled her close while Carson thought about his choices. They could hide Christine away but that wouldn't solve anything. She would probably feel like a prisoner.

"What about the Emmett?" Amanda whispered with tears in her eyes. Carson's eyebrows scrunched as he thought. Emmett had been his friend for years. Though they hadn't spoken for a while, Carson was sure that their Nephilim leader would help. Especially since the prophecy would ultimately affect him and his family as well. Carson nodded slowly and walked over to his wife, who was sitting on the floor. He bent over and kissed Amanda and Christine's foreheads before making his way to the door.

"I will be back soon. I will go to the Nephilim court and discuss it with him. What are we going to do Amanda?" Carson looked distressed and all Amanda could do was shake her head in doubt and fear for her family's future.

Her voice shaky, "I do not know, Carson. Just please promise to be back soon.", Carson smiled weakly, though Amanda could tell by his eyes her husband was frightened. With nothing left to say, he quickly left, closing the door quietly behind him.

***

Outside the Blair's home, the shadows were watching. Creatures were listening to the birth of the only Blair child, listening to the prophecy, listening to the possible announcement of a changing world. Their black eyes glistened with growing excitement. As Carson opened his door, warm light poured out on to the pavement and the shadows scattered. The washed over surrounding pathways, houses, and people, giving a sense of hopelessness to all that they touched.

"Master," one of the shadows whispered in ancient tones, "I have some wonderful news". Down somewhere deep in another world, a creature laughed with a joy that could be heard around the world.